Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Cool Liquid Image goggle

Does any one have any experience with these goggles? They would make more sense than top of helmet camera.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...t=liquid+image
2004 Snowhawk 600H.O.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 AM

I've sold a few of these here at the shop. They seem to be a viable choice. No complaints yet on the ones I've sold. I reread Trev's thread (linked above) and we also ran into fit issues on the first pair UNTIL we figured out the retractable outriggers...if they don't fit well with the outriggers flat then pop them in the out position and it makes a world of difference in the fit. I don't own a pair but still have a red pair on the rack here at the shop if you're interested.
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM

I bought a pair for my son for Christmas. He won't be getting them for a bit, but I'll post a review as soon after that as I can.
I have a GoPro top of helmet mount that I use and like. The goggle setup is superior in at least one way: Can't loose the camera in a get-off. I haven't had that happen with the GP, but its on my mind every time I ride with it.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 AM

Yup if you read the posted link I've been using these for a while now and all my posted videos on YouTube search calgarytrev have been filmed by liquid image. They work great and in the winter I just ordered the dual lenses so hopefully no fog
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Cool Liquid image

Trevor, Thanks for the info. I just ordered two pairs.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Yup if you read the posted link I've been using these for a while now and all my posted videos on YouTube search calgarytrev have been filmed by liquid image. They work great and in the winter I just ordered the dual lenses so hopefully no fog
Have you had any fogging issues up till now(heavy rain,hot days or sweating)?That would be my major concern as i hardly ever still have my goggles on at the end of the ride due to fogging.I have the contour 1080p and it's been a great cam but lately has been acting up just like my 720p did before and also every now and then gets knocked off.A local supplier of the liquid image stopped carrying there product because they wouldn't take care of warranty issues properly from what i was told?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 AM

Mine fits well with my BELL Moto 8 helmet, but I did have to pull the outriggers out. I think the quality of the picture is good, but it does bounce around a little bit. Here's a link to my first test run with it on some of my home trails. The video was clearer before uploading it to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrE4E...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM

is this with the 10 degree wedge installed?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedo dave View Post
Have you had any fogging issues up till now(heavy rain,hot days or sweating)?That would be my major concern as i hardly ever still have my goggles on at the end of the ride due to fogging.I have the contour 1080p and it's been a great cam but lately has been acting up just like my 720p did before and also every now and then gets knocked off.A local supplier of the liquid image stopped carrying there product because they wouldn't take care of warranty issues properly from what i was told?
I've had fogging issues in cold but just switched to the double lense thru offer so I'm hoping that will aliviate that issue. The only real issue I've had is the camera constantly disconnecting on its own while uploading. It's frustrating as hell.