Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Because the Fastways are so wide, the foward edge is closer to the shifter in the normal position, something you don't need. For comfort your almost forced to run them in lowboy position. Also, quite a bit of material must be ground from the peg to clear the brake pedal and allow the peg to fold. The Fastways are very strong and can be rebuilt with new setscrews, collars, and pins. I never did it, but I think the peg is so strong that if you tag a rock real good the mount will tear off before the peg.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:01 PM

Speedy,

I've got Pivot Pegs on my bike, and I love them! My feet always stay planted on the pegs now. It feels very natural.

I did have to modify the right peg so that it wouldn't interfere with the brake pedal (I cut out a small piece of the peg, and I welded on some key stock so that the peg would hit/stop sooner).

All in all, very pleased.

Dale
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 PM

On my 07 I have the fastways and I really like them. I did grind the brake side a little, but on both sides I did brake the pins that hold them on. Seemed like a really soft metal that they used. Replaced both with yamaha peg mount pins.

Disclaimer: both times were falls on ice with the bike sliding pretty good.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 AM

What crossover parts fit our bikes? I was looking for replacements, but I don't see very many that fit 03-06 ec250's.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Thumbs up

Try Raptor titanium pegs, they're not cheap but give super stability due to their larger area. Super strong too.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 AM

I've got one good ride on the pivot pegs. The jury is still out but I think that after some adjustment they will be good. Biggest problem was dragging the rear brake as your foot eaisly tilts down farther now. I adjusted that and we'll see how it feels next ride. A plus is that its a lot eaiser to get big/new/stiff boots under the shift lever.

Oh, and I have seen a Fastway take a rock hit and trash the mount on the frame, as I expected.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:48 PM

I like PivotPegz but they seem to wear very fast for stainless despite being hard to grind! They wore fast where they fold back and the grips soon went blunt.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM

When I went to Houston to test-ride GGMan's and Boomer's Gassers they didn't tell me they had pivot pegz. I was riding around leaning over the bars Destry Abbott style (though still slow) and couldn't figure out what had gotten into me.

My stock pegs are in need of replacement. P-Pegz will get a strong lookie, although the ArchiePegs are interesting as well.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey11 View Post
What crossover parts fit our bikes? I was looking for replacements, but I don't see very many that fit 03-06 ec250's.
Yamaha, but I'm not sure what year if it matters.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Default pegs

we have 5 gasgas in the family, they all have pivot pegs! we love them! MAYBE NOT FOR EVERONE BUT FOR US THEY ARE A GREAT ADD ON TO A GREAT BIKE