Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 PM

Default Hydraulic high lift bike stands

I have been looking to get something that lifts my bike higher than my normal foot pedal moto lift. Maintenance would be a lot more appealing if I did not have to break out the knee pads and roll around on the floor.

I have been eyeballing lifts similar to this: http://www.ragepowersports.com/motor...-duty-mx-lift/.

I like the height that it offers, but i'm not sure how stable it would be when fully raised? I am limited on space so I am kind of ruling out a full lift table. Does anybody use something similar with good results?

Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 AM

I started off with the usual little workshop stands and they certainly have their place, but about two years ago I bought a hydraulic stand the same as what your looking at. It's a brilliant bit of kit and I wouldn't be without one now. It makes working on the bike sooo much easier being able to have it at a more convenient height. I used to hate having to grovel on the floor but the hydraulic stand literally makes bike maintenance and repairs painless.
I have found the stand to be very stable even when raised fully, The J-hooks make the bike very secure although a lot of the time I don't use them. They're handy if you start removing wheels etc from one end of the bike, as they anchor the bike firmly on the stand and prevent it from tipping.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 AM

I have been using one of these for a few years now. I will not be with out one any time soon. If I do have to replace mine, I will be with a model that has wheels so I can move the bike around on the stand.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Here is the one I have-
http://www.wmrra.com/forums/showthre...ht=racing+lift

I love it for maintenance, storage, whatever. Wheels are fantastic, very stable. I have raised the bike to the top and rolled it around. Yeah, it ain't something you do without caution, but it works.

Being the lazy bugger that I am, I cut 1" off of the legs as I had to lift the bike onto the stand. After cutting off the inch from the leg and drilling a new bolt hole in the lift, I simply roll the lift under the bike, pump up the lift, and secure the bike.

USE THE LOCK PIN WHEN RAISED. This lift WILL leak down.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 AM

We have the one you linked but it is rebranded under a different name. The stand is actually surprisingly stable at full height if the bike is nicely centered and bolted on with the peg attachments and bar that prevents the stand from dropping due to bleed-off. Obviously you can't sit on the bike while it is raised, but I trust it to be left alone with a bike at full height. I do lower it if I think other people would be around it unattended, though, just for safety sake.

DEFINITELY get the one with the wheels. The stand is very heavy to move around and I REALLY wish we had ponied up for the wheels.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Here is the one I have-
http://www.wmrra.com/forums/showthre...ht=racing+lift

I love it for maintenance, storage, whatever. Wheels are fantastic, very stable. I have raised the bike to the top and rolled it around. Yeah, it ain't something you do without caution, but it works.

Being the lazy bugger that I am, I cut 1" off of the legs as I had to lift the bike onto the stand. After cutting off the inch from the leg and drilling a new bolt hole in the lift, I simply roll the lift under the bike, pump up the lift, and secure the bike.

USE THE LOCK PIN WHEN RAISED. This lift WILL leak down.
Thanks guys,I just ordered one of these. The wheels will be handy and it was only $130 shipped to my door.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:13 AM

i have one of them but it has wheels instead of feet very easy too move around the garage even with the bike on ,try and get the one with wheels on, if you have allready orderd one just cut the feet off and add wheels thats what i did

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300LB-Hydr...ht_2512wt_1255
Old 12-24-2013, 01:51 PM

This is what I use, my father got it for me one Christmas when I rode Street bikes...used it on those, and now on the dirt bikes.

Even used it to hold the Hitch up to the Volvo S60 to mount it up. When the time comes probably use it under the Jeep to hold the Transmission up to change the torque converter out.