Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Default GasGas 300 Bolt stopping Connecting Rod

My bike has a 2013 GasGas 300 motor in it. My son went to start it and it stopped with a clunk. It wouldn't turn over with the starter - nor with the kick start. The following night I was able to push the piston down from where the spark plug is with ease - so it 100% wasn't seized..

I pulled the magneto / electric starter side cover off to see if the starter was stuck and it wasn't.. I then pulled the kick starter and clutch side completely off to see if anything was stuck in the gears of the starter, clutch basket, or power valve -- Not issues there.

The following night I pulled the head off and cylinder off. Low and behold - A bolt was going across where the crank goes -- it's from one of the rubber/plastic pieces on the crank. I was able to move the bolt - but don't have a allen wrench that will fit in that small gap to tighten the bolt.

I contacted a person a GasGas and asked for some ideas / help - since I have had numerous other issues with this motor. He told me there is loctite on that bolt and it shouldn't of come out - it's not a GasGas issue..

Tonight I pulled the bolt out far enough to inspect all the treads and there is 100% no sign of any thread lock anywhere.

I was told I might need to split the case to remove the crank and put the bolt back in... Unless there is a nut on the backside that I can't see - then splitting the case and taking the crank out is 100% not going to change anything.

Not happy having to pull this motor apart.

I have owned more than a few bikes over the years and never seen, nor heard of anyone running into this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crank.jpg (131.1 KB, 64 views)