Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 AM

Default Low down / tickover issue HELP

Hi all,

Bike: 2007 ec 300

Just changed my silencer to a Gasgas 'Racing' silencer, runs superbly after tickover,kicks powervalve in slightly quicker.

Problem Ive got is that on tickover it feels and sounds like it is hunting, a kind of up and down on the revs, as I said once moving its fine...Anyone help ??

Please dont guess..you either know about these things or like me,you just guess, my guess being it needs a different jet....

My jetting is currently 178 / 40,

Old 02-07-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehipkiss View Post
Hi all,

Bike: 2007 ec 300

Just changed my silencer to a Gasgas 'Racing' silencer, runs superbly after tickover,kicks powervalve in slightly quicker.

Problem Ive got is that on tickover it feels and sounds like it is hunting, a kind of up and down on the revs, as I said once moving its fine...Anyone help ??

Please dont guess..you either know about these things or like me,you just guess, my guess being it needs a different jet....

My jetting is currently 178 / 40,
Check for air leaks around your intake manifold & whats your Needle??
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Cheers, needle is standard, not sure which one, only other thing I have done is adjust float bowls, maybe adjusted too much, would that have a bearing ??
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 AM

Probably if it was alright prior
Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehipkiss View Post
Not sure what you mean by hunting - fast changes or slow? Normally hunting refers to quite rapid changes and most people experience slower rpm changes at idle.

You wont get many replies if you dont want guesses because this has been the source of much debate and no one is 100% sure. Many bikes have the problem and plenty others don't. Guesses have been:

Pipe
Squish
Needle jet wear
Float height/vibration
Sensitivity to temp change
Spooge build up during long idle
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM

I might be wrong but I think he is refering to a lean condition where the idle area is hunting or running on. The tell tale sound of a 2 stroke that is lean at idle. Hmmm, brap bap bap bap bap bap, instead of brap pur pur pur . Ha ha
Old 02-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentMartell View Post
I might be wrong but I think he is refering to a lean condition where the idle area is hunting or running on. The tell tale sound of a 2 stroke that is lean at idle. Hmmm, brap bap bap bap bap bap, instead of brap pur pur pur . Ha ha
Air leak somewhere?
I always thought hunting was that on/off power feeling you get on some road bikes due to being lean for emissions, normally while trying to cruise at mid revs, small throttle.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Well he said once he was moving it was fine. Leads me to conclude it is at idle. I have misunderstood before though LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentMartell View Post
Well he said once he was moving it was fine. Leads me to conclude it is at idle. I have misunderstood before though LOL
No it was at idle. Just that I wondered exactly what he meant by hunting as a lot of Gassers have idle issues that I wouldn't call hunting.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Oh I got ya. Yeah mine kinda does that too. I had good results this weekend tuning that out though. It is not super consistent but overall it worked good.