Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM

I didn't "Goop" in the foam under the seat grab rails because I am guessing there is more work to be done in this area. For now I am hoping the foam absorbs the water rather then allowing it to flood the bottom of the box. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2010 GasGas EC 300 Nambotin Replica #141
2006 Honda XR650R Supermoto

Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
I did some "waterproofing" on my airbox this evening. These airboxes resemble a sieve from the factory. I used automotive goop to glue a piece of foam into the bottom of the box, so that water can still drain out the "flapper" but not come in. Then I gooped pieces of foam or simply used Goop around all the body panel seams and wire holes. Finally I laid a piece of foam under each handle rail from the rear fender down into the airbox to help prevent water coming in under the seat.
That looks to be some pretty dense foam.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 PM

It's the foam that came with my Scott's steering damper.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Foam

Have you ridden the bike with the foam pieces that block off the seat grab area? Just wondering if the bike ran a tad richer with that area of the air box blocked.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I have a question for Nambo owners. Has anyone set their bike up with the kill switch only option. Im going to change my bars to the standard Hebo EC Fat Bars, not a fan of these Renthal 2 piece bars and the cross brace. when i do i want to take the Multi switch off and put on the optional kill switch and headlight toggle. Just wondering if there is any heads up info on the included wiring harness and switch locations

Thanks

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Last edited by aflica; 07-09-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Have you ridden the bike with the foam pieces that block off the seat grab area? Just wondering if the bike ran a tad richer with that area of the air box blocked.
It's still wide open above the rails and under the seat. The foam really only blocks the seams in the body panels and helps absorb water that comes from the the handle holes. I didn't want to block off the hand holds because I use them all the time!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflica View Post
Jetting update , i opened up the carb today after i got a few good words on some jetting changes another Local Namby owner has done to his , and he a perfectionist race setting freak , well freak in a good way. First off , stock is a N1EF in the highest position so the needle sits low in the jet , # 5 i believe , a 175 main , 40 pilot A.S 3 turns out. That was the stock setup. i Installed according to advice from the local racer a JD kit with the red needle #3 clip , 180 main , and left the 40 pilot , could got to 42 there but we will see. The power went from very very strong pulling to Explosive , might be a bit much for tight woods riding , but i'll give it a good shot this weekend , if i still have arms afterwards i'll write up my thoughts on it
This bike already ran amazing with the stock setup , so why am i trying this , just cause i can , and i love to get a bike running just right for me and i like big power at hand when i want it , so what the hell , JD kits are cheap and easy and fun to play with. The idle did go up huge after this so i bumped it back down and all seems good on the short test ride i did
What are your thoughts on your new jetting now that you've got a few rides with it?
Are you still happy or do you have room for improvement? Was it worth the cost?
How does your bike start? Kick it and go, or do you have to give it some throttle to light it when it's warm?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Tried the JD jetting for a few good rides and was impressed , but just so i knew i was comparing apple to apples , i went back to the stock jetting and tried it out again. The JD kit is in my opinion a better option. It runs cleaner with way less drool and smoke , and the power is still very strong thru the range, and a bit more responsive. Im sticking with the JD kit , but you do need to adjust your A.S. and idle after the swap. The only down side is its a rocket in the mid range , but i like that. Starting seems to be normal , just a bit of gas as i kick and it lights up good
Yes its worth the money in my opinion

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 PM

The more you ride the more you learn. I tested out my airbox "waterproofing" this evening. It seems to have worked really well except that I missed a few spots. There was absolutely no water in the bottom of the box, The foam in the bottom worked great. I have some minor "gooping" to do and I think I will have it as perfect as it is going to get. I used the clear automotive Goop, and it is nearly invisible to the eye once it dries. My "waterproofing" did not affect my jetting whatsoever.
Tonight was the first time I really jumped the bike. This Ohlins TTX impresses me more and more. I have never felt a fork with so much controlled, plush travel. There was no hit, no harsh impact. Just perfect.
I am convinced I need a lighter spring in the rear. The shock eats whoops and big hits, but also dances around on me, and as I said before is hard for me to wheelie. I just don't get the weight transfer I need.
I think I will purchase a steering damper. Last I checked my highest recorded top speed in the speedometer was 137kmph. That's way to fast for this chassis. I really need to lower the gearing and cut the top speed. I'd rather work on trials skills than Baja skills.
I also think I will buy a Rekluse EXP clutch. I love having complete control of the clutch but it would also be nice to never stall. We are having such a wet year out here, that it has really made it hard to avoid stalling. There is so much mud and so many obstacles that can't be approached with speed.
I do however enjoy riding the bike whenever I have free time, so the Rekluse EXP is going to have to wait until winter. Sorry Steve!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 AM

Default First ride with my Nambo

I just pick up my Nambotin 067 and i got a question for you guys. Did your trip computer indicates RPM ? Seems like i'm missing a wire, nothing is plug on the RPM wire of the computer. It's my first GG and first 2 stroke, so far i think it's a great bike, the handling and the riding position it's just awesome. Now i need more time to get used to the engine and clutch operation.