Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 AM

Default Stacy's 300ec Gasgas shakedown cruise

My buddy just overhauled an 04? 300ec. It's got 250 red plastic on it.. So just did some cruising around on a couple trails.. nothing speedy or anything. This is in central Oahu, Hawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVDAjYu3oyw

This one's still loading but will be ready soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PufWhwFMI

Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Looks like the bike needs a weed-wacker attachment (lol); crazy how much growth there is on the trails. Was that on a dedicated trail system, or were you guys out on private property?

I've been to the big island a couple times, always wanted to pack my gear and look for a place to rent a bike for a day. I bet the terrain there provides a whole bunch of fun and challenge.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Looks like the bike needs a weed-wacker attachment (lol); crazy how much growth there is on the trails. Was that on a dedicated trail system, or were you guys out on private property?

I've been to the big island a couple times, always wanted to pack my gear and look for a place to rent a bike for a day. I bet the terrain there provides a whole bunch of fun and challenge.
Yea that's more private but regular trails. Everything grows real fast especially since it rains here . Trails can disappear and be swallowed up by the growth. That's why you'll see a bunch of guys locally that put machetes or cane knives mounted on their bikes. Some of this section was around since the 70's but guys just bypassed. I just came up here and started cutting and reopening parts of the trails anyway some parts are regularly used. I was just looking and there are a couple of guys that rent out bikes. Here's one for Oahu. I'm wondering who this is but wish him well. I know there are guys that would love to ride but just don't know how to go about it.

http://www.dirtbikinghawaii.com/Dirt...cle_Rides.html

Last edited by hawaiidirtrider; 03-05-2014 at 04:22 AM.