Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Default First real offroad ride on 05 FSE

I have to say, it was a blast!

First I'm coming from a DRZ-400 so this bike felt amazing in the power and handling dept.

We started out at my place, did a short jaunt on the highway with no plates (careful for cops!) and wow the power of this thing even here just destroys the DRZ (properly jetted, modded for more air-flow etc). I can feel how crazily linear the fuel injection is compared to the carbeurated bike. We turn off the highway where the gate is to get into the mountain.

After a few miles of riding in deep mud, steep hillclimbs, over roots and big logs, and through snow and over ice, this bike is far and away the nicest bike to ride offroad that I've ever used! (I've ridden a wr-450, drz400, xt350, KTM 525, etc) With the super linear power that seemed to deliver any time I needed it, the bike almost feels like an extension of yourself.

Near the end of the ride me and my friends go to climb this super loggy really steep hill. I fly up it, over logs, and finish the hill on one wheel.

My buddy on his XT350 tryed, hit a log or something, and down he goes, sliding down the hill.

Here is him at the bottom:

And here is why it was worth it! Great view of town and the hills. The girl is my friend Ellie next to my bike.

And closer to town, excuse my thumb I had to block the sun. This is the city of kelowna with a view of the okanagan lake and some nearby mountains

Old 03-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Great shots. Hope you 2-upped it there! The wife and I get a kick out of the places we get to go and see touring on our 640. Oh, nice bike too.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Thumbs up

How does it ride with two people? Aren't these great bikes?! Is that the Euro pipe on there?
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 PM

It rides good with two. The only problem is there are no passenger pegs, so it was pretty tiring for her.

The pipe is the kreiger pipe...aparently the gas-gas comes stock with either a kreiger or fmf..i asked about the other one but they dont have it or are sayin they dont! Its ok I like this one, I'm gonna mod it with a screen so it has a spark arrestor, but it sounds good and the bike has more power than I'll ever need so no worries for me there.

I think I'm going to weld a peg's length of threaded rod onto a piece of flat plate, and drill 2 holes for a U-bolt, and make two cheapie pegs that way, and only put em on when I need em.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Thumbs up Foot pegs

Great pics i wish my wife shared my love for the bike ,but about the pegs you can at least in Australia buy bolt on pegs that are shaped to the swingarm so no need to drill anything,hope this helps & keep the pics of your travels coming in .west aussie