Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 10-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Thumbs up

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick write up on the product and support i've recieved from richard at House of Horsepower.

I originally ordered 2 Scalvini systems, One for me and one for a local pro rider(2014 ec250 replica). I Just ordered the pipes as I had not read any positive reviews about the silencer in regards to performance. The customer service was good, the shipping time was reasonable. The Pipe didn't line up at all and the spring mounts were out atleast a solid inch from factory position. Initial ride.. I was impressed with the power, the bike pulled harder everywhere (2014 ec300 racing) and pulled significantly harder up top. Second ride on the bike I misjudged a small heavily rutted hill, came to a stop and simply flopped the bike to the side. Nothing I would have EVER thought twice about. I looked down at the pipe to discover a golfball sized dent in the pipe.. Not impressed. The pipe was literally paper thin and never would have held up. I Contacted Scalvini and shipped them back the one that my friend hadn't run yet. Full refund, no issues.

This left me a little disheartened as they aren't cheap and I wasn't sure where to go from there. I saw a thread on here in regards to richard and his product so I contacted him. I cannot express how pleased I am with the level of customer service I have recieved. Richard has been nothing but a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a great deal from him just through the conversations we have had regarding his systems.

I ended up ordering 2 complete systems. Pipe, Pipe guard (Very thick, Carbon fibre) the House of Horsepower silencer, jetting kit and slide, as well as a power valve cover just for my 300.

Initial impressions while inspecting and installing everything.. top notch quality. The pipe is absolutely GORGEOUS, the welds are clean, the pipe is considerably thicker than the scalvini and it sits much higher than stock. It mounted to the bike better than the stock pipe. The carbon fibre guard is not a manufactured guard such as the P3, its hand made and you can tell. It looks raw and mean and its very stout. Already bashed it around a bunch and its rock solid. I had seen pictures of the silencers before and they didn't impress me much as far as looks went but I had read rave reviews.. When it was in my hands, it was gorgeous. The welds were very clean, the end cap looked badass and its the perfect length.

I had a few issues after everything was installed.. the bike wasn't running clean and was down on power. They were a few minor issues on my end and Richard spent several hours with me, calling back and fourth while he helped me address the issue. Finally got it all installed and jetted correctly as per richards recomendations. First ride... Initial impressions.. started it up and was rewarded with a sound like no other GasGas I have ever heard. Its deep, louder and just flat out mean. I'm so used to my gasser being so quiet that it took me a while to get used too. The bike flat out HAULS with this set up. I don't feel like I gained much on the bottom (certaintly didn't lose any) but the mid range and top end come on like a freight train. The bike comes on the pipe sooner and just doesn't ever sign off. My 300 has always signed off late midrange and had nothing for over rev.. not anymore. The bike pulls like an absolute beast and just never quits. The throttle response leaves absolutely nothing to be desired, Crisp doesn't even describe it. Definitely need to pay a little closer attention when riding now because it doesn't take long to be doing warp speed. Long story short... My 300 is now just an extremely ballsy 250. Same low end as before.. incredible mid range and top end. It has changed my riding considerably.

I can't say much in regards to the other system on the 250... We rode together once and he was absolutely thrilled.. he said the power was unbelievable.

I cannot say enough about Richard and his product and his customer service. Its top notch and the best in the industry. I know he also does suspension and that will be our next adventure. I'm looking forward to our next project and working with him on future bikes and set ups. I will not run anything else anymore.

Cheers,

-Bryce.

Last edited by Islander; 10-16-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default HoHP Pipe and Silencer A+

Well folks I've managed to squeak in a few miles on the EC300R with the House of Horsepower pipe, silencer and jetting.

First thing that was obvious after firing the bike up was, the idle was suddenly too high. A good sign OK, adjusted the idle down, blipped the throttle a few times and noticed the exhaust tone now has a deep, throaty sound, with a throttle response that is spot on perfect.

Now the fun begins...

After 3 laps I'm feeling like a hero and giggling like a school girl. The bike is pulling off bottom like its never done before, and feels more like a true open class 2 stroke. Just roll into a turn, upshift and the 300 is pulling HARD coming out and without using the clutch, Every turn, just lean in, roll out, while listening to that deep exhaust note. It actually barks! BTW, the exhaust note is not offensive at all. Its actually pretty quiet for a "straight thru" silencer.

Now I'm thinking...with this increase in bottom, I must have lost something on over rev so I do a few high speed passes...and it actually scared me. For the first time ever with my EC, I felt a little head shake. Then again... maybe it due to the bike pulling so hard, I'm just not strong enough to hang on to it.

Starting on lap 4 my arms suddenly feel like cement so I point the bike back to the shop to call Richard, and let him know this setup rocks. As I'm dialing his number, I noticed my map switch had somehow been clicked over to the soft power mode.

I hang up on Richard just as he is saying hello (sorry buddy) helmet and gloves go back on, and I head out again with the map switch set to aggressive.

Suddenly I now have another power delivery that's completely different than what I was used to prior. Crisp, clean and simply ripping thru the gears. Stab the clutch coming out of a turn and the front end is pointing skyward, even in a gear too tall...and I'm still running 13/48 gearing! On top, it just keeps revving, screaming so hard it will make you wonder if the main needs to go up 1 or 2 sizes.

Simply put, I've never experienced this much difference in a simple pipe and silencer change. Plus the cone pipe earns maximum bling points for those who can appreciate the beauty of all those welds. Richard has put together a terrific package that will not disappoint in performance...or looks. Well done sir!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:05 PM

What about for 2010 EC250's ??? Don't forget us.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbertog View Post
What about for 2010 EC250's ??? Don't forget us.

They make a pipe that will fit your bike. 07-11 are the same and he makes them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Default Pipe for 200

I have a 14 200. Would his pipe help with my bike? Also, I have a Rekluse auto clutch.

Thanks,
Rob