Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 PM

Default 2013 300E (US version) - question on GasGas turn signals, plate light, horn

Hi,

Just picked up a 2013 300E and will setting up to be street legal for traveling between trails. Utah requires horn, turn signals, and plate light. I have purchased a SICASS kit but doesn't look like it is going to match up as well as I had hoped. So the question is has anyone installed original GasGas horn, plate light, and turn signals on this model? Does the stock wiring harness support (I am still taking a part to see what is there) or do I need a euro harness for those connections?

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,

Ned

Old 12-21-2013, 07:32 PM

also has anyone been able to get these parts from gofasters I do I need to go through someone like motocrosscenter.com?

Thanx again,

Ned
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM

You might be able to find someone in Canada willing to part with theirs.

What about the Sicass kit didn't work out for you? It should have been a no-brainer with a bike with a battery already installed.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 12-21-2013, 10:25 PM

US wiring won't have wires for plate light or turn signals. The Sicass kit may seem intimidating at first but really they are pretty straight forward. I don't think you will have any problems.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have the electric start wire harness and it has wiring provisions for all lights. You will need an ac/dc rectifier for the horn and a blinker relay for the signals (I think), but if you have e-start you should have wires front and rear to support the lights.

When you pull the seat, you should have a small bundle for the rear lights, and there are two wires under the fuel tank for the horn. I would assume some of the rat's nest behind the plate will support the front blinkers.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:54 AM

Thanx for the info pscook, coop, and twowheels. It looks like my harness is slightly different that pscook's. The harness does have an additional connector at the taillight that might be for either turn signals or plate light. I suspect plate light. Regarding the SICASS kit I purchased their kit for a gasgas (2010-2012) hoping that it would work for a 2013 E start and be an easy plug an play. They did mention that they had not yet seen a 2013 so there could be differences. So far I have identified differences in the stock light switch connector as well as the rear fender extension for taillight and plate. Mounting option for the front turn signals is also different as the 2013 headlight plastics do not have enough plastic for mounting. I will likely have to work out the differences with them and I am happy to help get a kit sorted out for a 2013 E start. It is a really nice kit otherwise. I was just seeing if anyone on the forum had experience with any other options (like the non-US spec harness and signals, etc.).
Old 12-27-2013, 09:05 PM

I bought the OEM turn signals from Go Fasters for my 2007. Fitted up perfectly to the headlight an taillight. I had to build my own wiring harness.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:04 PM

thanx super_rat for the useful info! I have shipped my harness back to SICASS Racing and hope to get the mods done. I will check out gofasters.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplasson View Post
Thanx for the info pscook, coop, and twowheels. It looks like my harness is slightly different that pscook's. The harness does have an additional connector at the taillight that might be for either turn signals or plate light. I suspect plate light. Regarding the SICASS kit I purchased their kit for a gasgas (2010-2012) hoping that it would work for a 2013 E start and be an easy plug an play. They did mention that they had not yet seen a 2013 so there could be differences. So far I have identified differences in the stock light switch connector as well as the rear fender extension for taillight and plate. Mounting option for the front turn signals is also different as the 2013 headlight plastics do not have enough plastic for mounting. I will likely have to work out the differences with them and I am happy to help get a kit sorted out for a 2013 E start. It is a really nice kit otherwise. I was just seeing if anyone on the forum had experience with any other options (like the non-US spec harness and signals, etc.).
I have a 2011 EC300 E Start. I ordered the oem GasGas rear fender brake light and turn signals from motocross center. Everything was simple plug and play. The oem rear fender extension comes with a brake light and turn signals, mine fit perfectly and plugged into the existed wiring harness that was doubled up on the side of the airbox. The front turn signals don't mount to the headlight, they mount to the fork tube using a rubber ring and a plastic clip. My front turn signals plugged directly into the existing wiring harness. It was simple.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 12-29-2013, 11:51 AM

This is a shot of the rear fender extension with the integrated turn signals, brake light and tag light. It was only like 45 dollars from motocross center and it was straight plug and play.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar