Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM

Default DEP Pipe Review

I have a couple of rides on my new DEP armored pipe. I have a 2000 EC 250.
This pipe is excellent. Extremely fast with a broad powerband. My bike came stock with an FMF Gnarly and I also have a Doma pipe. The Gnarly, as many of us know, is all low and mid. It does this very well and, for me, this is a very desirable power characteristic. The DEP doesn't quite have the low end of the Gnarly(nothing does) but it isn't too far off. It makes good low end and then has long, broad pull that over revs pretty good. It has more of a rush than a hit, I would say. The Doma has more over rev and less low end than the DEP. The Doma is fun to ride, but I find it to be the least useful for my style of riding. The DEP is right in the middle of the other two. This pipes' mid is so strong that I actually had a hint of "Whiskey Throttle" a couple of times. This bike is not known for that, as it's power delivery is very smooth. I felt that you can stay in one gear a bit longer on this pipe than the other two.
The pipe is a good looking pipe too. It is made from the same thickness steel as the Gnarly, which I really like.
As for fit I cannot comment because: It doesn't fit my bike. The website says EC 300 '98-'06. Which I knew was impossible. I had to extend the tabs by welding on some washers and redrilling. That was not a problem for me, but not everybody will have the ability do this. It probably fits '02-'06.
Overall, this is an excellent pipe. Good looks, thick material and nice build quality. Most importantly, awesome performance. I definitely recommend it.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

I ordered one for my bike, a 2011 250 and the sent me on for a 2012+.

It is heavy duty and well made.