Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:47 PM

Default Why are you "closing" threads?

There is some very good info in these threads for us and you... Why closed them? Why not delete those posts you dont "like"? Like these posts you say you read its not all positive but you need to be able to take criticism and learn from it and grow.... You are not learning from everybody patting you on the back telling you how awesome you are....

Maybe its time I just stay with a husky......

Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 PM

Now I want a eating popcorn icon.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

racemx904
I take it you don't know who I am?
I'm not a dealer or a person on GasGas' payroll.
I'm just an enthusiast that has been riding GasGas' since 1998 and love them.
I'm also a moderator on these forums.

Without getting into a rhetorical debate. The threads were closed due to some unkind comments made about certain dealers that were damaging to their reputation. I felt the threads had run their course and enough was said about the subject.

My mom has always said, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it".

We're all adults here, let's show some respect to our fellow GasGas associates.

2015 is almost here, let's go out and have fun and make it a great year.

gasgasman
Old 12-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Administrator

This is a moderated forum. It is not a free fire zone.

Jeff
Old 12-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemx904 View Post
There is very little logic to this. The site is not an official representitive for the brand. Some dealers support the site, as do some after market parts suppliers.

As another moderator here, looking in from the outside (from Australia, where the topic/subject doesn't apply) I have to say I support the decision to close the thread. It was not deleted, nor was it over moderated. No individual poster was told not to voice their opinion, or warned to fall into any particular line. The thread had simply reached a point where it had some constructive critisism and some responses. It was balanced, and in this instance its better to cease before it goes down the gurgler with name calling and finger pointing. There is nothing stopping individuals discussing things further in private if they feel the need to.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:42 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

LMFAO. "I'm going to take my digger to another sandpit".
Must be just having a bad day.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
There is some very good info in these threads for us and you...
You will find that the most informative forums, KTMTalk, this one, etc are moderated to a certain extent. Sometimes I don't agree with the moderation but in the long run, the benefit I receive from the information I glean from both of the aforementioned forums, is well worth the moderation aspect of both.

As far as staying with Husky....I'm sure its a fine white KTM but you're missing out on another fine, different marque that is just as good or better for some people.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:25 AM

It doesnt matter who you are and really I dont much care.... But it seems if you dont like what somebody says, which there was only 1 or 2 truly negative and never saw a name posted besides some GOOD ones to use....

so in closing because potential bad mouthing you also shut down the GOOD ones.....

Makes me as an ex-gasgas rider and seriously looking at a 14 ec300 from a GOOD dealer... Halls.... makes me wonder what other threads you have shut down because they were negative but could be very informative....

So you might as well shut this one down too because it has ran its course.... and yes I know its not a free for all and I am on Cafehusky, KTM, thumpertalk.... but again there wasnt one dealer bashed by name...
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
It doesnt matter who you are and really I dont much care.... But it seems if you dont like what somebody says, which there was only 1 or 2 truly negative and never saw a name posted besides some GOOD ones to use....

so in closing because potential bad mouthing you also shut down the GOOD ones.....

Makes me as an ex-gasgas rider and seriously looking at a 14 ec300 from a GOOD dealer... Halls.... makes me wonder what other threads you have shut down because they were negative but could be very informative....

So you might as well shut this one down too because it has ran its course.... and yes I know its not a free for all and I am on Cafehusky, KTM, thumpertalk.... but again there wasnt one dealer bashed by name...
"stepping up to the soapbox"

You joined this forum this month and have a grand total of 21 posts. I haven't bothered to look at your posts, as I can gather from your first post in this thread that they probably are not worth reading. Many of us use this site for the resource it is and although many don't post much, we contribute to the support of the site to keep it up. We even get together from time to time for rides so we can put faces with names.

As others have said, we are passionate about the gasgas brand. If you are not happy, I get that. I for one don't want to hear it, especially from a newbie.

The moderators here rarely insert themselves into topics. I participate in other forums that are heavily controlled and moderated. Same rules apply there, if you don't like it, leave.

From what I have seen the moderators have used great restraint over the years that I have been here.

I will defer to their judgment, they have earned it. You sir, have not. Since it is their sandbox and their rules, if you don't like how they are applied then move on and don't let the door hit you in the backside.

Probably not the answer you want to hear , but I really don't want to hear a newbie get on here and act like a flamethrower either.

"stepping off the soapbox"
Old 12-30-2014, 09:08 AM

Far from a Newbie.... maybe to this site but been on a bike many more years than most.... but anyhow.... you got it..... adios....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
"stepping up to the soapbox"

You joined this forum this month and have a grand total of 21 posts. I haven't bothered to look at your posts, as I can gather from your first post in this thread that they probably are not worth reading. Many of us use this site for the resource it is and although many don't post much, we contribute to the support of the site to keep it up. We even get together from time to time for rides so we can put faces with names.

As others have said, we are passionate about the gasgas brand. If you are not happy, I get that. I for one don't want to hear it, especially from a newbie.

The moderators here rarely insert themselves into topics. I participate in other forums that are heavily controlled and moderated. Same rules apply there, if you don't like it, leave.

From what I have seen the moderators have used great restraint over the years that I have been here.

I will defer to their judgment, they have earned it. You sir, have not. Since it is their sandbox and their rules, if you don't like how they are applied then move on and don't let the door hit you in the backside.

Probably not the answer you want to hear , but I really don't want to hear a newbie get on here and act like a flamethrower either.

"stepping off the soapbox"