Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Default Countershaft sprocket seal assembly

Hey all,

Sorry to ask a question that's been asked, but can someone explain the order of reassembly for the countershaft seal, sleeve and o-rings? What order should they go in? I know the one o-ring goes inside the sleeve - I am confused as to where the second o-ring seats.

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hunerd View Post
Hey all,

Sorry to ask a question that's been asked, but can someone explain the order of reassembly for the countershaft seal, sleeve and o-rings? What order should they go in? I know the one o-ring goes inside the sleeve - I am confused as to where the second o-ring seats.

Thanks!
Both o-rings go on at the same time. One inside the recess, and the next right on top of it. I saw it in a manual somewhere, I swear. Can't quite find it ATM. So that's how I did it, right or wrong.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Thanks PS - anyone else want to weigh in? The post I looked at said the second o-ring goes on the shaft. I just got home and have the parts, so I am going to look to see what is logical, but would appreciate any help.

Cheers!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Both o-rings go on at the same time. One inside the recess, and the next right on top of it. I saw it in a manual somewhere, I swear. Can't quite find it ATM. So that's how I did it, right or wrong.
I just did mine and that is how they go.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hunerd View Post
Thanks PS - anyone else want to weigh in? The post I looked at said the second o-ring goes on the shaft. I just got home and have the parts, so I am going to look to see what is logical, but would appreciate any help.

Cheers!
My post might have been confusing- Put the first ring on the shaft and push it in as far as possible. Put the second ring inside of the recess on the spacer/bushing, then install spacer/bushing on the shaft.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Thanks PS - It was easy, however, it did not exactly go perfectly and I will get some extra practice soon! The old seal was not set evenly, and I did not seat this one too well, and in my efforts to even it out, it is pushed in a millimeter or so from flush with the engine case. Argh.