Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Fun times Rick. I had the same issues with cable fitment. I used a motion pro long GG cable. Pulled the end cap back on the cable, dremelled off some of the other shield, and pressed the end cap back on. A bit of a pain but not so bad. You could always contact Motion Pro yourself for a custom cable? or as you're considering, rerouting.

Luckily, that was the hardest part of the Lectron experience. After that it was all smooth sailing, swapping between a slightly rich and slightly lean condition.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM

Kevin called me this morning. Looks like he sent me a KTM cable. He is sending another out.

He said that the elbow-equipped cable is a 90-degree bend the GG cable is about 45-degrees and conforms nicely to the notch in the tank, perhaps a little tight for my liking.

Kevin is going to mod the cable by making the bendy part about 0.25" shorter. I think he is going to make a 45-ish degree bend as well.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 AM

I am curious.
So is there something different from the 2011 to 2012 that the Motion Pro cable won't fit?

I have the following and it works on my 2012.
The only thing I had to do was remove the locking nuts at each end of the cable in order to get the slide all the way down in the carb. But that was an easy fix.

MP-10-3000 T3 Slidelight +3 inch cable for KTM 2 strokes
http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/mot...m#Larger_Image

Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM

I think its the wrong cable. For a KTM. Too short and no elbow.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I think its the wrong cable. For a KTM. Too short and no elbow.
KTM cables work on GasGas. Both bikes use the Domino throttle assembly.
I have the the exact cable per the link above on my 2012 300 (with the Lectron) and it does not have an elbow. It has a slight bend at the tank but no issues with mine. Your 2011 tank must be a lot closer to the carb then my 2012.

Also make sure that once you have your nice new Lectron installed that is is rotated at the right angle so that the rear spring does not hit it.....on mine if one was not paying attention to this it would not be good.

Last edited by StuJohnson; 08-15-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 PM

I'll check the model number, but whichever one I received is five inches shorter.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM

The correct one is about 3" longer
Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 PM

I could see that working, especially with the elbow bend.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 AM

The new elbow cable (and free adjuster nublet) arrived yesterday evening.

I was torn between getting the Lectron all fitted or taking advantage of the almost sub-100F evening temps for a mountainbike ride. We've been riding at 7pm every Wednesday with the temps still hovering close to 110F. I decided to pedal for 16-miles of trail and road.

I'll get at it this evening.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 PM

Alrighty. Having recovered from yesterday's 100-degree night mountain bike ride, I set to bolt the bike back together tonight.

Since I was promised a bolt-on, ready-to-go carb, I decided to *not* read the directions and just bolt it on and kick.

I took the new elbowie throttle cable out of the package and found it to be really freakin' long. It came with a threaded cap nut thingy (invoice said it was custom for the GG) that was maybe 1mm longer than the one already in the Lectron. Not knowing why, I dutifully swapped them out. I hooked it all up with the the carb and threaded it through to the throttle. Perfect, much to my surprise.

The Lectron's fuel inlet is at a different angle, so the fuel line wouldn't reach quite far enough for a secure clamping. So, I took the fuel line off my old GG tank and put it together (with double springs, even). A little long right now, but it would do for the evening's short test.

Once together, I took the bike off the stand and turned on the petcock. The fuel filled the clear bowl and stopped between the level lines, as if by magic. As I rolled the bike off into the dark driveway it occurred to me that I had recently replaced my headlight with the Honda racing number plate. This would be an interesting ride by dim street light should the Lectron decide to let the Gasser fire up.

I pulled the semi-remote choke knob and gave it a couple of pre-kicks (that's what I would do with the Keihin, anyway -- couldn't hurt). Then I kicked in earnest a couple times. Nada. I wondered what would happen if I cracked the throttle a bit? Vroom. Heh. It was running. I turned the idle screw in a quarter turn to keep it from stalling.

I let it warm up for a scant minute and decided to roll before someone called the cops. Not much of a test, but off-idle was fine -- the metering rod, at 49mm, must be pretty close to where it is supposed to be.

I putt-putted around the neighborhood with several throttle blips for giggles and then took it out to the main street to see how it ran on top. I ran it through the gears and noted some open-throttle sputter at WOT. With the second pass there was less. Kind of like when I was one main jet too rich in Flagstaff. Actually, not that bad. I'll work on adjusting the Power Jet later (like, maybe after I read the directions).

I re-entered the neighborhood and into my garage. I hopped off the bike with the motor running happily and looked behind me. No smoke. Hmmmm.

And with that, I hit the kill switch and headed inside. More tuning talk later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GGLectronShot.jpg (117.7 KB, 85 views)