Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Gg 250 / 300

Hi !
I hope you can give me some feedback on this,
I might become a GG, EC300-07 owner next week...
(limited time to make the decision)
But, I've never ridden a GG before, even though I've considered them as an alternative for many years. Here in Sweden it's winter now, and I wont be able to do some real testing before I make the deal, which doesn't feel all that good... I'm sure that the 250 and the 300 are great bikes both off them.
The only 300 I've ridden was a KTM 300EXC-03 which I didn't like at all, abrupt power and harsh feeling. I've had 9 250-2 strokes, and some modern 4 strokes, but returned to the 2 stroke 250, so that's what I'm used to and like, today I got an RM250-04 with all the tricks done to smoothen power and the suspension reworked. I'm a bit conserned about the GG300's extra cc, I dont want to slip and slide through the woods due to too much torque too soon. I ride mostly tight trails, very little MX.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Where in Sweden are you, motorhead? I see gassers everywhere, it shouldn't be too hard to find one to test drive. The 300 is becoming very popular around where I live, in the Sundsvall/Timrå area. I don't think youl have any problem with the power delivery on the 300, i have found it very manageable on the test runs I have made. But still, if you keep your throttle pinned, you'll fly

I am on the FSE450 myself, if you get an opportunity, try one.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:25 AM

Hej , Härnösand !
Old 11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thats not too far away. We have several guys in Timrå Enduro on GGEC300's. Check out www.enduro.nu, go to the guestbook and present yourself, or even better, show up on Torsbodabanan, we'll set you up on a ride somehow. At least my 450 is available.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM

Great, are you riding this weekend ?