Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Chain Guide?

Hey guys I was out working on my bike and noticed that the lower plastic chain roller on my bike is worn out.

Any body have any links or web sites that carry the after market chain guides? I looked at LTR's and was just wondering what else is out there.

Thanks,
Boom

Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 AM

I've been running the MX type for 2 years with no problem. It looks like it's taken some hard hits too.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:04 AM

If you like the original and havent had issue with it, it be easy to stay with it,, for just $10 shipped I'll send you mine, took off when I got it as I had an ltr guard off my other bike..
Let me know,,
Steve
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM

i burned (melted) 4 rollers so far on my 300. the bike has 37 hrs on it. tried stiff hose, and made hard plastic rollers- way too loud. i think it doesnt help that i put a 51 tooth sprocket. tried to move tensioner away from sprocket, this helped slightly. i see on older models some have a bearing type roller. i wonder if this was added on by someone or was it stock. for now i use stiff hydraulic hose pieces cut. lasts longer than stock and free.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Before I got the LTR adapter on my '00 I wore out the metal bushing on the lower chain guide roller, but the roller was still OK. There was a lot of clearance between the roller and bushing so it could clear itself of mud and not bind. Maybe the newer stuff is different plastic? Havn't used a stock guide in years. I think the plastic of choice to use for rollers would be Delrin, as it has self lubricating properties.

Robby,

Hey bro the doc finally cleared me to ride! I don't think Les is making GG stuff anymore but you may find one in stock somewhere. Its a bolt on and forget about it mod.

How's the boat?

Lets see some pics of it and your female passengers.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM

The boat thus far has been fun. I just installed a stereo this past weekend and finally landed my first fish in it and a few others. The only pics of female passengers would be my wife our our dogs! I am hoping to get a few of her friends on their though.

I will post pics up later.

On the chain guide you can give Rich at Smith's Powersports (724-899-3375) a call and he will hook you up with some goodies. Tell him Boomhauer sent you and he will inflate the price!

Glenn glad to hear you are good to go. Been kind of wondering how you were doing but work has been very busy and I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Boomer
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 PM

Wasn't there someone here that modified a skate board wheel to use as the standard chain guide roller?

I replaced the bottom plastic roller with a new genuine item, seems to be wearing quickly but I'm hoping it will settle a bit once the chain rollers start touching the guide.