Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-01-2011, 04:58 PM

Default Revalve Recommendations

We are a new Gas Gas dealer and have been fortunate enough to sell a few bikes over the past couple of months. This site has been a huge help for me helping to educate our customers as well as the shop folks.

Here's my question: I have a customer who bought an '11 300XC and the suspension needs some help. He is a 6' 215lbs AA guy who hits stuff really, really hard. In the past we have used Enduro Engineering, Factory Connection and Coppersmith with good results. I just want opinions on where to point my customer so he will be happy with it.

Thanks for any input!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Les at LTR, a site sponsor, really knows his stuff. He can set it up for any riders needs, in any terrain. He also won't make disparaging comments about the brand of your suspension. He specializes in it!
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have Factory Connection suspension on my KX and have ridden extensively a fully FC set up (everything in the catalog including friction coatings) late model YZ 250 and can honestly say that there is no better A/AA suspension that I have ridden on fast HS/Enduro terrain with big hits and whoops. I have ridden LTR GasGas suspension and can also honestly say that I have ridden nothing better for all day riding in rocks and roots where the FC stuff is magic only for half the ride (and just too stiff for the rest of the day). I'm 6'2" and 235lbs and former Eastern "A" HS rider. If he's still really competitive and looking to progress, go with a FC (or EE) re-valve. All others should strongly consider LTR.
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

As a former regional champion A rider, and national contender, and current senior A rider, I can honestly say that Les can get the job done. My suspension (I prefer stiff springs and soft initial valving with firm end of stroke progression, and quick rebound) is plush, yet bottoms predictably on only the biggest of hits. When it does bottom it does so without bouncing, hurting, or deflecting.

Our terrain in the PNW is extremely varied. My suspension works in the gnarly tight, root infested trails of the Oregon coast range. It also works (with a few clicks of the screwdriver) on the open, lava rock laden, and sandy whooped out trails of the Central Oregon desert.

Honestly, outside of a motocross track, it is ideal. At least for me. If Les gets it wrong on the first try, he is always intersted in getting it right. There's no fear of having funky suspension settings that you have to "live with."

It is worth at the very minimum giving Les a call and telling him your needs and concerns. He is a very nice person. He is a true dirt bike enthusiast, and has really earned his deserved good reputation from Gas Gas and Husqvarna riders.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 01-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the input fellas!

I will pass on the info and let the customer make the final decision!