Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM

Default high rolling resistance

From day 1 I've noticed my bike has a bit more rolling resistance than other bikes. It's noticeable when rolling the bike, and it's noticeable when rotating the rear wheel to lube the chain. I'd kind of always assumed it was the rear wheel and/or rear brake, however; when I put on a new chain recently I noticed that the rear wheel actually spins freely (as does the front). So it's basically... the chain? Or the chain guide? It's just your standard O-ring chain, and neither my old chain nor the new one have any more than the normal amount of resistance. A friend has an 06 EC250 and his rear wheel spins like normal.

So I think that pretty much leaves the chain guide, right?