Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 01-31-2021, 06:41 PM

Default Please Help!!!

Hello to everyone! I'm going to buy a 2011 ec 300 soon and I'm a little confused. Owner claims that is a sixdays version

1. Reading this forum ,saw that 2011 six days comes with: Sachs/Ohlins
and Marzocchi/Ohlins. I'll attach some photos ,if anyone can recognise the fork.
(Owner says that the bike is eqquiped with Sachs/Ohlins).
Βefore buying, 300 will be seen by an engineer. Then we will find out which version it is by removing the side cover by it's ignition. I have seen what both flyweels look like. They produce also different voltage right?!

2.Bike has a grey head compare to other GG which have a darker/black color head. I saw few bikes on youtube with the same color head. It's not aluminum.
Does it come from the factory like that? Seems the same but grey

3.Also bike has 300+hours with stock cylinder. Is that too much? I will take dimensions from cylinder and piston,to see if their condition is good.
After how many hours does need this bike new cylinder?

I hope everything go well because the bike rips!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GAS.jpg (12.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg gas 2.jpg (8.6 KB, 38 views)

Old 02-01-2021, 01:17 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostisbezos View Post
Hello to everyone! I'm going to buy a 2011 ec 300 soon and I'm a little confused. Owner claims that is a sixdays version

1. Reading this forum ,saw that 2011 six days comes with: Sachs/Ohlins
and Marzocchi/Ohlins. I'll attach some photos ,if anyone can recognise the fork.
(Owner says that the bike is eqquiped with Sachs/Ohlins).
It is difficult to see from your photo. If it is Marzochi, it will be 45mm diameter (the inner, lower legs). The Sachs will be 48mm. There is also a 48mm Marzocchi, but that wasn't used in 2011 (apart from the replica bikes) if memory serves me right.

Quote:
Βefore buying, 300 will be seen by an engineer. Then we will find out which version it is by removing the side cover by it's ignition. I have seen what both flyweels look like. They produce also different voltage right?!
I don't think there is any difference in flywheels in 2011, apart from the bikes with electric start that had a gear wheel mounted to the flywheel. They all produce the same voltage / power.

Quote:
2.Bike has a grey head compare to other GG which have a darker/black color head. I saw few bikes on youtube with the same color head. It's not aluminum.
Does it come from the factory like that? Seems the same but grey
I have no comment on the colour / type of head. It looks quite standard to me. One thing you can consider (after you buy it), is measuring the squish, and modify the head (if needed) to get the squish ccorrect. There are some threads on this forum about this. Quite a simple job for an engineer with a lathe.

Quote:
3.Also bike has 300+hours with stock cylinder. Is that too much? I will take dimensions from cylinder and piston,to see if their condition is good.
After how many hours does need this bike new cylinder?

I hope everything go well because the bike rips!!!
It all depends completely on the use in those 300 hours. I just opened up my own EC200. There, the cylinder is still very nice after 320 hours. I replace the piston each 100 hours or so.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 02-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
It is difficult to see from your photo. If it is Marzochi, it will be 45mm diameter (the inner, lower legs). The Sachs will be 48mm. There is also a 48mm Marzocchi, but that wasn't used in 2011 (apart from the replica bikes) if memory serves me right.
The 48mm PFP Marzocchi forks did come on the '11 bikes. Mine came factory with them.

In the pic it looks like the 48 Zokes but would need to see a pic of the top adjusters for me to be sure.

Quote:
I don't think there is any difference in flywheels in 2011, apart from the bikes with electric start that had a gear wheel mounted to the flywheel. They all produce the same voltage / power.
I'm not sure either.

OP, it's easy to tell by where the wiring comes out of the flywheel cover which stator/flywheel you have. Roughly 10 o'clock position is the smaller stator, if it comes out at the 2 o'clock position (at the bump in the cover) it is the larger stator. From the pic you posted it looks like the larger one.

Quote:
I have no comment on the colour / type of head. It looks quite standard to me. One thing you can consider (after you buy it), is measuring the squish, and modify the head (if needed) to get the squish ccorrect. There are some threads on this forum about this. Quite a simple job for an engineer with a lathe.
Same. That head looks exactly the same as my '11. I know on some earlier bikes they had a darker look to them.

Quote:
It all depends completely on the use in those 300 hours. I just opened up my own EC200. There, the cylinder is still very nice after 320 hours. I replace the piston each 100 hours or so.
I completely agree.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 02-03-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
The 48mm PFP Marzocchi forks did come on the '11 bikes. Mine came factory with them.
I didn't know that. My son's '11 EC200 came with 45mm Marzocchis.
However, the forks in the picture seem to have black inner legs which points towards 45 Mazocchi or Sachs. The 48mm Marzocchi PFP came with chrome inner legs with black outer or black inner legs with red outer legs, right?.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 02-03-2021, 01:38 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
However, the forks in the picture seem to have black inner legs which points towards 45 Mazocchi or Sachs. The 48mm Marzocchi PFP came with chrome inner legs with black outer or black inner legs with red outer legs, right?.
the Sachs were red uppers with black lowers so this will be Marzocchis, but easier if the OP gives a photo of the top of the fork and measures the lower stanchions
Old 02-03-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I think both the 45 and 48's were available in '11. I don't know if it makes a difference but mine is the EC250 Racing edition so maybe that's why it has the 48's.

I Know the pic doesn't match up with either the 45 or 48's I've owned but the 45's I had were on an '05 and had chromed lowers like my 48's.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 02-04-2021, 12:27 PM

flywheel and forks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gas.jpg (58.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg gasg.jpg (9.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-04-2021, 04:51 PM

2011 Base Model came with Sachs 48mm

2011 Race Model came with Zoke 48mm CC

2011 Six Days came with Zoke 45mm OC
Old 02-04-2021, 04:59 PM

I don't have another photo. Are these red top adjusters? Maybe is Sachs?
Attached Images
File Type: png top adjusters.png (27.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-05-2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I don't have another photo. Are these red top adjusters? Maybe is Sachs?
I vote for Sachs.

1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc