Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 PM

What terrain? Are you an A rider? Who revalved your Sachs?

My problem is that nothing works here to anywhere near its potential without a custom revalve. The northeast is at the extreme end of the suspension tuning spectrum. A $10K Nambo with stock TTX would likely ping pong ball off the rocks and beat me to death while my well used but precisely valved '07 Sachs/Zokes just sucks up everything it hits. So, for me anyway, it would be a big $$ hit to have workable TTX. Don't get me wrong though, if I was a real fast guy and felt I was being held back by the OEM stuff, I'd get it.

For a 52 yr old SS B rider, the best investment seems to be more physical conditioning. If you turn into a sausage before the race is over it doesn't matter what fork you have.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 PM

Riding in TX and riding in VA are like different worlds really.

John, I would send to LTR and give the sachs a shot before buying TTX.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 PM

I wonder if you have ever actually ridden in Texas, the terrain is very similar to VA. in lots of ways. Lots of people who are not from here imagine wide open desert like terrain but that is not the case most of the time. Most of our trails are tight single track through all kinds of trees and brush etc.

Last man standing gives you a good idea of the variation. About the biggest difference is that VA. has more elevation changes than most of Texas.

A good setup in TX. would also work very well in VA.

I am a big guy and a b rider, top 3 or so usually. If I get a little faster I will move to A. I can usually keep up with the A class for awhile but need better conditioning to hang.

I feel that the cc forks are a lot better for a guy my size. They just seem to work better everywhere.

I had the suspension done by house of horsepower and I feel they did well with the Sachs forks but they just do not have the potential of the TTX or the cc WP for that matter.

I am happy with my Sachs shock. I also run the LTR 120mm pull rods.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Sorry, yes I should have stated "parts" of Texas.

I've ridden a little there. My relatives are in Tyler and College Station.

No doubt I would be happy if I could have put my 2010 WP forks on from my SXF since they were super nice with the revalve I had, but I'm hoping my revalved Zokes will do the job.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:22 PM

Hope you get it working good for you. I hope to come up and ride in Virginia someday. I have a friend from there.

I would love to race a VCHSS race, the crowds yall get are amazing.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Yes, the VCHSS puts on an awesome race and with the support from Monster Energy it's really a great event. We are pretty fortunate to have such a top notch series. There are some fast boys in the main event. Last race local Bakken was there, Duvall, Whibs, and some others attended. Usually Mullins races a few. Pretty awesome to see those guys get it done.

Riding my new setup on Saturday since it's FINALLY going to stop raining here.

If you do come out and ride then send me a PM. I know of a few great areas to ride and hope to do quite a few races next year.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Hey Jeff, are you by chance running a Rekluse EXP 2.0? Just put one in and have some adjustment ?s

Jeff
Old 05-18-2011, 08:50 PM

I 've only rode one bike with Ohlins TTX and it was my son's 08 KTM SX505 and it was crazy good. Without it ...I hated the bike. I most likely will send my suspension off to LTR but the TTX sure was sweet on that bike anyway. BTW I don't race but I do want the front end to absorb the blows rather than my 52 year old body. BTW Brad Bakken joined our club (CVTR) and he put on a little clinic for us and he is so smooth and fluid it's unreal.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
Hey Jeff, are you by chance running a Rekluse EXP 2.0? Just put one in and have some adjustment ?s

Jeff
No, I have the EXP/core unit. I think that is what it is called. It was installed when I got the bike and I have not even removed the clutch cover yet.

Good luck on the 2.0. I have heard great reviews.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:12 PM

FWIW, I race enduros in the B class in Texas and I am VERY happy with my Pro Action re-valved Sachs units (11 EC300). I've had different bikes every year, sometimes several, all re-valved, since 2002. I believe this one is the best-only the YZs I've had come close but I could never get them quite as good for high and low speed rocks like these Sachs are. The only current setup challenge I have is when I set the rebound fast enough for rocky races it understeers a bit in the sandy sections.