Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Rick View Post
GasGas/Torrot people have been on this site confirming that they will not be using the old Husky tech that they had purchased. Any move to a 4T engine will be a completely new in house designs. So unless they backpedal on that decision I doubt we'll ever see that Italian Husky motor again.
Remember that this isn't just GasGas anymore. Torrot has seriously deep pockets and really wants to see success.
They must have sold that engine to SWM, who seems to be the "new" red Husky warmed over again.

I think there will be an awesome battle between Gas Gas, Yamaha, Himoinsa, and Sherco. They all are top 10 contenders but the Husky/KTM/Honda war will consume the top 5 this year I'm afraid as they are all on next gen bikes with well backed, trained, and amazing pilots.