GasGas Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   GasGas Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:38 PM
dzhitshard dzhitshard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Actually it's the slave that changed. I transferred my EXP 3.0 from my 13 300 to my 18 300 GP. The only thing I had to change according to Rekluse was my slave, which I did. Been in the bike for 6 months with no issues. My clutch is the RMS-7700 part number.
The slave may have changed, but so did the other parts that have different part numbers on the fiche.

Rekluse has always been upfront stating that some combinations may function across applications but they design their kits to function to a standard that they can guarantee and warranty.

They are in this to make money. Like most businesses trying to make money, they won't likely spend the manpower, machine time, R&D resources etc to change a design if it works to standard across platforms.

Or, everyone can just go with a sample of one random dude on the internet who says he got XYZ to work perfectly.

I sincerely hope it continues to work out for you. I would still advise everyone else to contact Rekluse to verify their part numbers before having their dealers order out of the hard parts catalog.


Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM
pigpen966 pigpen966 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cbus
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
The slave may have changed, but so did the other parts that have different part numbers on the fiche.

Rekluse has always been upfront stating that some combinations may function across applications but they design their kits to function to a standard that they can guarantee and warranty.

They are in this to make money. Like most businesses trying to make money, they won't likely spend the manpower, machine time, R&D resources etc to change a design if it works to standard across platforms.

Or, everyone can just go with a sample of one random dude on the internet who says he got XYZ to work perfectly.

I sincerely hope it continues to work out for you. I would still advise everyone else to contact Rekluse to verify their part numbers before having their dealers order out of the hard parts catalog.
Random dude? Really? If you read my post this was according to Rekluse, who I was on the phone with when I did it. I'm not going to sacrifice my $1000 clutch on a whim.
__________________
Dick Carnes
"If ya run, you'll only die tired"
2013 XC 300 E
2005 DE 300
2004 YZ 450f
2006 HD Ultra
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
dzhitshard dzhitshard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Random dude? Really? If you read my post this was according to Rekluse, who I was on the phone with when I did it. I'm not going to sacrifice my $1000 clutch on a whim.
I'm sorry you take offense to it but yes, you are some random guy on the internet.

If someone is not affiliated with GasGasUSA or Rekluse in an engineering or other employee position, they are some random guy.

I am some random guy on the internet too. I'm just advocating a customer take the time to CALL Rekluse and verify part numbers before having their dealer order. They'll likely find out in their call, just like I did, that the part number from this Hard Parts PDF that I was requesting status on wasn't actually the part number Rekluse currently recommends for my machine.

No one was there with you and no one knows when your conversation took place, or what the context of your specific conversation with the Rekluse employee was.

I'm not disputing what you said. I ADDED that other parts were changed between your call and the one I made on 09NOV2018.

Enough parts ended up being changed to the point that there is a new product catalog number for the same kits between the 2 model years. IE, There are more part numbers changed on the fiches than simply the one slave assembly you're implying is the only change.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
memphis2857 memphis2857 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Actually it's the slave that changed. I transferred my EXP 3.0 from my 13 300 to my 18 300 GP. The only thing I had to change according to Rekluse was my slave, which I did. Been in the bike for 6 months with no issues. My clutch is the RMS-7700 part number.


Want to sell the Kevlar fibers from your stock GP clutch?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Hard Parts for 2018 GasGas from XFun Catalog Moto7man Enduro Product Announcements 1 09-19-2017 02:12 PM
Link to Parts Unlimited Electronic Catalog Moto7man General Discussions & Announcements 1 02-25-2017 12:08 AM
Parts catalog. Ud_luz General Discussions & Announcements 8 06-08-2014 09:35 AM
S3 Parts Catalog Moto7man Enduro Product Announcements 0 06-28-2012 10:59 AM
GG Bling from the Hard Parts catalog Rod Overstreet Enduro Product Reviews 16 03-01-2011 04:00 PM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org