Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Right under my nose

As the title says I've had some real nice single track right under my nose. This is the first place I took my gasgas when I got it back in Jan. There was snow and I had a friend that was new so we didn't explore much.

So we decided yesterday to hit it again now that it's getting nice out and wow, this place is awesome. This is my first time on some real single track. The Red Arrow trail is about 7.5 miles long, and I was making it in at 25-35 minutes probably never timed my self but I will next time.

It was a awesome day, I had the whole goon squad (My wife and 2 friends new to dirt bikes) with me on the easier trails, sadly the camera didn't work right I guess and lost the footage. Anyway I'm putting this up because I am whooped today, and throwing a video up doesn't require movement. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnU2EOrABY

16:24 I thought was a bush, but it was a stump and barely missed it
17:20 Rock rolled out from front tire and takes me out

Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That looks like fun; really cool that someone took the time to mark the trail with arrows - is there a club out there that does it; or are you on state land?

Looks like there's good elevation there; what part of the country?

@ 17:20 doesn't really count as a crash...you kept the bike running

Cool vid, I have a bunch from a ride we did Saturday; get those posted in a ride report when I have a few spare minutes.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM

yes that place is way cool and will work your a$$ Russ is all so a very gracious host. I bout a 200 from a member from Iowa and he found it so we met there to make the deal and rip up some miles.

Man I need to get back up there.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM

Talking

This is a enduro enthusiast own private land. He built the whole place, he has held some events here also in the past. Gives us permission to come out and enjoy his hard work. Like cbutler said he is a real good guy.

This area would be considered the Meramac State Park Area in North Eastern Ozarks in Missouri. It can be hilly as all get out here and 15 minutes away it can be all flat, crazy stuff.

That's my take on my nap! Looking forward to your posts. One of my goals in life is to get up to that part of the country and ride some day, looks so nice out there.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buysomerice View Post
One of my goals in life is to get up to that part of the country and ride some day, looks so nice out there.
If you get out here, give me a heads-up and I'd be happy to show you around the coast range

That's completely cool the owner of that property has shared his enthusiasm with other riders; it's people like him that make the world a better place as far as I'm concerned.

I posted a ride report in that forum and just finished uploading all the videos from our rip Saturday. 42 miles of fun
Old 03-19-2014, 05:02 PM

Will do! It won't be for a long time, if ever lol. Almost ended up at moab this summer for mnt biking but that never panned out.