Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default 01 300......

so i have been reading and researching a ton on my 01 300. I am pretty short,5'6" and have a hard time touching... Found a set of ltr 124's on here, thanks trailrider, and put them on.. I could touch great, but the 300 was like riding a drunken cow..... not really that bad, but it would not steer like it should.. doing some research, someone changed the rear spring on mine to a 4.8 and I guess the coombination of the lowering links and softer spring(and my weight) was not too good... widebear sent me a 5.4 rear spring and i put in on last night..
have read and re read the suspension sticky on preload... i put the spring on with 8mm preload, the ltr links and reassembled the bike..
Just setting on the bike feels great.. I can touch and I think my sag numbers will be very close..
Will re check when i can get someone to help me make sure.. the wife usually does, but she would not come out to the shop last night.. We had a big rainstorm.. weather service which is about 5 miles from my house showed almost 7 inches, with some areas over 12... I had animals lining up in pairs...
I think it is gonna be the set up...thanks again .. hope to ride saturday if the rain stops and will report...
jay

Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

workd great... very happy...