Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Power Valve Dilemma

Pulled off my right side PV cover to investigate WOT performance issues. I found the allen head retaining bolt had come loose and was laying next to the push rod hole. The flapper pivot rod was sticking out about 1cm. THE WASHER IS MISSING! Looks like it fell down the hole. I estimate I ran at least 100mi of very hard riding under this condition....maybe more. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM

Drain the oil, pull the side cover, and go fishing with a magnet. If the washer got caught in anything by now you would know it. There is a lot of area in the bottom of the primary cover where it could sit and probably is. Also, are you the first owner? If not, maybe the previous owner never reinstalled the washer and loctited the bolt after a top end job.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM

When you say primary cover do you mean the clutch cover or the next "layer" that holds the kickstarter mech, etc. Sorry....newbie question. I'm pretty sure there was a washer as there is a coloration difference where the washer would be.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Remove that whole side engine cover "Next Layer" as you refer to it.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Drained the oil and found metal shards and a small flat piece of metal slightly curled on one edge. It was stuck to the magnetic drain plug. This is probably the washer...I hope!! I also pulled off the right side engine cover. Had a very good look around and all seems to be fine. All gear teeth look good. All bearings that I could get to were good. Going to slap her back together after I get some new gaskets and change the oil after the end of the next 3-4 rides....flush out as much lingering stuff as possible
Old 08-18-2007, 03:06 PM

3-4 rides? Fill it with cheap ATF F, ride it around the block a few times and dump it, why wait? If clean refill with Rotella. Your lucky so far.