Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Rebuild Report

On Thurday I tranformed a pile of parts back into a 02 se 300. New parts included, transmission, all new clutch, all new bearings, cases, and seals.

The bearings went in without a hitch. I baked the cases in the oven for a while at 250 and froze the bearings and they litterally droped right in.

The cases mated up quite nice but the crank was no where near centerd once I put the primary gear assembally on and tightened it down a bit. I had read that some use a brass hammer and tap the whole crank and bearing together to center it. This seemed like needless trama to the bearing to me so I heated the right side case up again and floated the bearing out about towards the center about .018 inches and when I reassembled it the crank sat almost perfectly centered within the cases.

I put the jug on and stuffed it full of nylon rope to tighten all the big nuts on the bike. Ignition, primary side, and the clutch nut. I used a stack of old clutch discs and plates pinched together with a vise grip to stop the hub from spining.

The whole thing took about 7 hours to place the bearings, rebuild the engine and button things up on the frame.

I took it out on Sunday and rode and easy 25 miles to break things in and it ran SWEET! The bike had considerably less virbration than before and the combo of the new clutch and tranny is awesome. A big thanks to GOFASTERS for the parts and support.

Paul B

Did I mention how little vibration my bike now has!