Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default E-Start Kit

Dave Fair of Gas Gas Pacific gave me a call today and told me that there is in fact a E-Start Kit for converting some of the bikes . The Factory is putting together a kit for doing it . I don't know how far back in model years one could go , but one would think to 07 when the frame and sub-frame changed , it does include a new sub-frame with a battery box. And , its pricey , $900 Canadian. I think I am in for one , what the hell , he ordered 8 kits today. Now that i have the Rekluse EXP , i cant bump start any more . At least that's the reason Im telling myself to justify it . Cause lets be honest , the bike doesn't need it. But it should , and i say should , be one way of getting DC power from the battery for HID lights , and I am riding every week now in the black , as well as weekend daytime rides. Sooo , there ya have it , it can be done for a price. He figures they will be here in about 6 weeks , maybe sooner , but 6 weeks to be safe

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Good info Steve. When I picked up my XC I was all over buying an E-start kit.
But with having the bike now for about 10 months and seeing how easy this thing starts. I'm having second thoughts. Heck this thing hardly ever stalls anyway...
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM

I know what you mean , but hey maybe i'll have the only Nambo with one in the world ? nah , somebody else with get one too

Steve
Old 10-23-2010, 05:10 AM

Just so everyone here will know just exactly how much weight this kit will add to the bike , Im going to weigh all the parts going on to the bike and then weigh all the parts that came off in the swap , and see what the difference is and post it up. This should answer all the questions as to weight , im suspecting between 10-12 Lbs myself , but think closer to 10

Steve
Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'm glad there will be a retrofit kit. Makes the bikes more marketable. For $900 though, that's a third of the way to a Christini kit. I'm thinking I'd rather have all wheel drive than e-start. If we could all just have it all.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 10-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You don't need no stinkin all wheel drive. I saw how you climb that greased Oregon clay soil with one wheel drive.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 PM

Anymore on this retrofit kit? ..and what would be needed for an 01' 300ec to have. I've heard about the 01 maybe needing another newer side case but want to verify especially since the retrofit kit description I saw had the kit working for 1999 and newer.