Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Yep!

I got a 2010 EC300 Euro! Couldn't be happier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OASJPTTT_kE
Nice, where is the trail?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
So you like the Sachs forks better than the Zokes? I've never ridden one with Sachs so I don't know but I sure like the Zokes better than the WP on the KTMs. The Zokes on my 06 were excellent to me. Why did you like the Sachs over the Zokes?
Had Zoke Shivers on my 07. Never revalved them but did put heavier springs in.
Just never geled with them. They seemed to blow through the stroke and deflect quite alot on sharp hits. Some people have had success revalving them but, then to jump on my 10 EURO, wow what a differance. Im on the heavy side 100+kg geared up and so far i feel no need to respring them. The rates seem spot on for anything bar big MX flat land jumps and even then its not too bad with a bit of clicker fiddling. Im definately not super fast, but i do race here and there so i dunno they suit my needs alot better.
From what my shop (Scotties DB) thas said these are the best spec valving on the Sachs that came out, so far. We still get Sachs on our 2011's over here too.
And if you dont likem well you can just slide in Ohlins TTX cartridges

Id still like to know if it is the same bike as mine. These were limited edition of 20 over here in AUS and from what i know they were a sell out.
Trailridenut can you confirm its the same EURO.

http://www.transmoto.com.au/publish/...300-Euro-Model
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailridernut View Post
Nice, where is the trail?
North East Coast of Australia. Been alot of rain lately, not to mention that cyclone that shook things up a while back!

Should have some more footage to share in the vid section later in the week!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Also back on topic, I have to agree with everything NSE has said. I'm lucky to be 85kg fully geared up and find the sachs forks handle everything well.

The only times I had any real issues was when I ran too much compression and they deflected everywhere. I'm still in the process of winding them back as this rain is making it harder to carry pace and the rocks and roots are slimey.

I also personally feel that the Sachs fork in the Euro compliments the Ohlins rear. It just feels really balanced and confidence inspiring!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSE.ONE View Post
Had Zoke Shivers on my 07. Never revalved them but did put heavier springs in.
Just never geled with them. They seemed to blow through the stroke and deflect quite alot on sharp hits. Some people have had success revalving them but, then to jump on my 10 EURO, wow what a differance. Im on the heavy side 100+kg geared up and so far i feel no need to respring them. The rates seem spot on for anything bar big MX flat land jumps and even then its not too bad with a bit of clicker fiddling. Im definately not super fast, but i do race here and there so i dunno they suit my needs alot better.
From what my shop (Scotties DB) thas said these are the best spec valving on the Sachs that came out, so far. We still get Sachs on our 2011's over here too.
And if you dont likem well you can just slide in Ohlins TTX cartridges

Id still like to know if it is the same bike as mine. These were limited edition of 20 over here in AUS and from what i know they were a sell out.
Trailridenut can you confirm its the same EURO.

http://www.transmoto.com.au/publish/...300-Euro-Model
Yes, that's the model. My concern is the suspension... I too had an '07 and frankly hated it due to the suspension! Even after revalving/respring f/r it was far to soft!! I sold it in 07 and have not owned a modern bike since.
I was told this '10 race 300 had ohlins suspension but based on everybody telling me it has sachs front/ohlin rear I'm beginning to wonder what it really has. The dealer is closed and I have no way to speak with him... geuss I'll wait.

I weight about 190lbs(86kg) with gear on... what can be done to the sachs and make them work better? Or, do they work ok stock? What level of riders are you guys? I ride only trails, no mx... roots/rocks/etc much like the vid in AUS only with rocks,etc. The other thing I notice on the magazine video was the guy mentioned it was too strong in the "bush"... to me a very strange comment about a GG - I have owned them since '00 and NEVER found a GG to strong anywhere?! If anything they feel slow even with the lighter flywheel.

Any more comments?
Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
North East Coast of Australia. Been alot of rain lately, not to mention that cyclone that shook things up a while back!

Should have some more footage to share in the vid section later in the week!
I noticed the trail had alot of downed trees/limbs/mud... looks like fun!!
Add rocks with hills and thats what I ride and wondering how it ran in the nasty trails.

Lets see some more vids!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM

B Grade racer i spose i would call myself. I ride everyweekend for training and try to keep bike fit, mixing up rock, hills Single track, loam, sand everything really. I live in an area which has such a variety of riding, within 1 hour. Its gods country really.
I race our state series VORC, in clubman class.
Dont stress about the Sachs, at this stage i find them fine, 10x better than the 07 which i also had and hated.
Power wise that report is mixed. I know the guys that jetted that bike and they made it more MX hit style to scare the Journo's
The motor is strong, not Kato hit strong, but i actually prefer it. Heaps of bottom end.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSE.ONE View Post
B Grade racer i spose i would call myself. I ride everyweekend for training and try to keep bike fit, mixing up rock, hills Single track, loam, sand everything really. I live in an area which has such a variety of riding, within 1 hour. Its gods country really.
I race our state series VORC, in clubman class.
Dont stress about the Sachs, at this stage i find them fine, 10x better than the 07 which i also had and hated.
Power wise that report is mixed. I know the guys that jetted that bike and they made it more MX hit style to scare the Journo's
The motor is strong, not Kato hit strong, but i actually prefer it. Heaps of bottom end.
Thanks for the feedback, perfect information!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM

I have a hunch that the bike you are talking about buying is currently in central CA? The Race model has gold anodized fork caps but I dont think they are Ohlins.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttimber View Post
I have a hunch that the bike you are talking about buying is currently in central CA? The Race model has gold anodized fork caps but I dont think they are Ohlins.
That's it... I was told it had ohlins suspension(unless you mention the sachs i assume it's a full suspension...) which was the only reason I was buying it, not sure $600 is worth it just for a rear shock?