Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Hammer Run

Here is a few minutes of the Hammer Run in south Jersey Sunday.

http://youtu.be/UIwxm9HuiM8

Old 11-07-2011, 11:59 PM

Holy shiznit Glen you were haulin the mail in that vid. Looks like prime trail, where are all the rocks you east coast guys talk about?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:52 AM

Wish I could have rode sunday.. did take the can apart.. everything is packed into the end.. S/a is kinda ok.. perf tube is rotted away? both ends missing.. stupid fourstroke.. I put my sx can on monday and rode it.. sounded a lot better.. seamed ok..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Too bad Steve, it was awesome as expected. Like four guys on a minute of an 85 ground mile enduro. Ed hung in there well after John bailed at the gas.

I have a lot of video to cook down. Some nice stuff with Ed, John and Jim in front of me, and this awesome firecut/trail section with those small switchback hills, etc. My bat went dead before the "firecut madness" section in the afternoon where my buddy Jim and I we were really flying.

Paul, the rocks are all up north where I live. South Jersey is like a different planet, more like the southeast pine woods than the north. I have a lot of rock video but it has that clicking noise from my visor before I fixed it. i will overdub some with music soon.

YouTube really sucks for quality, it looks so much better on my mac before the upload. I'm going to try Vimeo soon.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I had a great time trying to chase Glenn and Jim all afternoon Sunday. That firecut madness was insane and I cooked my rear brake and it was gone! Needless to say I crashed a few times before it came back.

This ride was really fun and fast. The terrain was perfect and I got to ride with a great group of guys. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Glen what was the clicking noise and how did you fix it? I can't figure out how my camera makes so many clicking thunking noises. It seems solidly mounted to the visor and the visor is taped down to the helmet.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Paul,

My HJC helmet visor had these snap in vent trim pieces that would rattle and transmit the vibes to the GoPro housing. You could hardly tell shaking the helmet but it was loud on the audio. Glued those, helped about 75%. remaining noise was from the rear of the visor where it comes close to the helmet. It was very close and was flexing/tapping on the helmet. I put some foam tape under this area, problem solved. Basically anything that can move/rattle/squeak on the visor will transmit the vibration to the housing and seem much louder than it is.

I also made a new mount. I used a short GoPro arm with a 90 deg twist(came with camera). Drilled one hole in visor to mount arm. Housing mounts to other side with M5 bolt. More compact, don't even know its there. Maybe a few mm lower than yours(the thickness of the arm) but I have nice vertical adjustment. All is good now.

Some of the straights and sand roads in that run were in the 60 - 70 MPH range on my ICO and you could hear the wind noise, don't know what to do about that. Most stuff is far slower so not a real issue.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Sweet single track....but, what are those tall stick like things sticking out of the ground on either side of the trail??
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 PM

I should clarify, this is NICE south NJ trail. Not many whoops, and not tight. The real enduro points takers are MUCH tighter, like bar/sub-baar width trees for miles. This run is all the best stuff without the real killer stick farms. This clip was a few minutes, we did hours of this Sunday with two short gas stops and a lunch stop. Saturday was at least 40 - 50 miles of this too.

Uploading another now, link when done.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 PM

OK here is some more:

http://youtu.be/lN8F9tY1QZQ

This was a fun section.