Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:19 PM

Default EC200: Ignition test 2K2 vs 2K3

So, a month or so ago I rode our 2 EC200's thoroughly back to back with some interesting results. Both bikes are set up nearly identical with the exception of pipe and ignition. My son's '99 had a lot more snap off the bottom and revved much quicker. My '03 had more luggable on the bottom but really lacked the snap. My sons bike has the 2K2 and mine had a 2K3.

I switched out our ignitions and we were able to get out for a nice ride yesterday. We hit the tillamook state forest area and rode about 40 miles.

My first impression after hoping on my '03 was "O.K. There's the snap I was looking for!" Much more snap off the bottom and quicker revving. Very liner still, but nearly perfect delivery throughout now. It still lugs very well and almost never stalls. I love it! This is what I was looking for in a 200.

So, I hoped on my sons '99 and wondered if it would be just like my 200 was before the switch. To my surprise it really made his bike more manageable. It's still snappy but has much better lug ability. He made some really tough climbs yesterday that he would normally struggle on.

So, we are swapping the ignitions permanently and both of us are very satisfied.

So the only thing that left are the pipes are different. I now believe his older FMF Gnarly is a much snappier pipe than the FMF Fatty. I'm not going to change out the pipes because we're both really happy with how our bikes are performing.

Big thanks to Danj56 for his thread on changing ignitions on the 200 and others input on tuning the 200.

Very fun to fine tune theses bikes!

Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I just switched back to my FMF pipe with the 2K2. going to try it out in New Hampshire in 2 weeks.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 PM

Excellent.

Looking forward to,a report!

We did 40 miles today of some pretty tough stuff with long rooted, rocky up hills.

Both 200's performed perfectly. Slight clutch work but climbed everything without issue.

These bikes continue to impress!