Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Guts seat cover?

I recently was given a Guts seat cover after a friend of mine parked his KTM next to my bike to close and not on firm ground.
Of course the orange bike felt inadequate and jealousy ensued and the katoom tried to ugly up the Gaser in one swoop, dominoed it to the ground tearing the seat cover. And they say Gas Gas kickstands suck!
Sure the only thing not bullet proof on the Gas Gas it would try and attack!

Well my buddy stepped up and ordered me a Guts Gripper seat cover to replace the stocker. A week later there it sat delivered to my door step. Thats a friend, one who takes responsibility.

Anyhow, the question is, the Guts cover has no metal ring on the hole in the back where you screw the seat down to the sub frame. How is this gonna work with out tearing,wrinkling up, and displacing the seat cover when tightening down to the bike countless times. I don't get it, it came with no directions. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Site Sponsor

I just used a large fender washer and it works fine.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Boy do I feel dumb! Thats too easy. I could see that working fine.
Anyone else tackle this issue differently?

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 AM

If the foam is any thicker than my stock '07 in that area, I might opt for trimming it away from the hols and bonding the cover to the base around the hole, like on a Husky. You can use a bolt/fender washer to hold it together while the glue dries and you fit the rest of the cover.

If you just go with a washer, I'd put a grommet in the seat cover like stock, then a rubber washer, then fender washer. Select a fender washer slightly smaller OD than the rubber washer to keep the metal edges off of the stretched cover. This stopped mine for inevitable tearing.