Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Default 450 woe's

Ok guy's here's what I've been dealing with for a year
My 04 FSE450 willnot come down to an idle while your riding the bike. You can start it and it will idle all day , but once you ride off it will not come down the rev range to idle , it just keeps going down to Zero. Works and rides perfect in all other area's of use ,it's just the idle problem that's killing me. There's no clutch drag ,new slave kit, valves are spot on , fuel mix has been enriched to try and keep it running , has a new air sensor. It show's it's self most when comming down to an idle in a hurry but will stall even at a stand still.
Say you round a corner on a single track and there's a sharp turn , so you pull in the clutch and brake at the same time , dead, or your rolling down a hill on the road to a stop sign , bang down a few gears pull in the clutch and again , dead. Now as I said ALL other area's it works perfect . Dealer was the one who told me to get one of the last ECU for the old magnet merelli system 07 I think but it's taking awhile and there's no guarantee that's the fix. If it was a carb I'd say it was the idle curcuit . I can put up with the 04 hard starting thing but not when it has to be done so offen. Cheers people.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 AM

I have an 06 - are you aware there is a throttle stop adjustment and an air bleed screw on the throttle body?

You ought to really have a dealer check the TPS and injection trim is correct though or you may be masking the real culprit.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 AM

Check the wiring to all the sensors especially the TPS. Get a copy of the crappy software for these bikes and run the logging part of the program after you run the sensor tests. The problem is easily repeatable so it should be an obvious fix from the data. I would doubt that the ecu is a fault as it works ok apart from the stalling out.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Sorry to add but the TPS has been set 3 times in the last year , so I'm sure that parts right.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM

What part of the world are you in?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 AM

Queensland Australia, mate.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Swap it for a jet ski.
Queensland,beautiful one day,perfect the next.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-gon View Post
Check the wiring to all the sensors especially the TPS.
Hi qui gon can you expand on this please. I had a look at the parts list and the only sensor I could find is the air flow sensor in the air box. Where are the other sensors and what do they look like. I want to check all the wiring and maybe put in some dielectric grease. The bike has been running a bit erratic over the last couple of rides similar to a carby bike with the choke left on. But the problem is intermittent so I think it would be sorted by a fix such as your suggestion.

I found this link on gas gas efi it says there are 5 sensors.

http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...as-gas-fs.html

Cheers

Pete
06 450 FSE
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450GASGAS View Post
Hi qui gon can you expand on this please. I had a look at the parts list and the only sensor I could find is the air flow sensor in the air box. Where are the other sensors and what do they look like. I want to check all the wiring and maybe put in some dielectric grease. The bike has been running a bit erratic over the last couple of rides similar to a carby bike with the choke left on. But the problem is intermittent so I think it would be sorted by a fix such as your suggestion.

I found this link on gas gas efi it says there are 5 sensors.

http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...as-gas-fs.html

Cheers

Pete
06 450 FSE
Bike does not have an air flow sensor.
* air temp - top left of airbox
* throttle pos - right side throttle body
* water temp - left rear of cylinder head
* crank sensor, inside ignition housing(left side of engin)
* air pressure sensor - built into the ECU