Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM

Default EC250 Noise and Smoke

I have an 03 EC250 and over the last few runs out there has been a rumbling noise at engine speed.

This has become louder and louder even with ear plugs in. On the last outing the bike also started to smoke a lot - more grey than the usual blue so I headed for home taking it easy. By the time I arrived the noise was really bad but the bike still ran great.

Took the engine out and expected to find a failed main bearing and oil seal. However, the mains and big end are ok but the PV actuator arm (item 35 in the 'fiche) where it fixes to the PV itself has broken. A bizarre failure and that must have happened just as I arrived home otherwise I think (hope!) I'd have noticed.

So all good and less difficult to fix than the bottom end. But what doesn't make sense is why there was lots of smoke.

Do I have more than one fault to fix?

Viv