Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:00 PM

Default '13 300 jetting and plug? S2 head/cylinder

I've never had a bike that was unjettable!

The motor has 4-5 hrs since new and has an hour on the new S3 cylinder'head combo, no seal leaks, 98 leaded fuel, CR7 plug(installed from dealer), float correct, 50:1 full synthetic mix, 152 main and 35 pilot, clip on top notch... Bike runs VERY strong mid to top but has more spooge/plug is wet. I just added a gnarly pipe to pull the power down lower in the revs - has not been ridden since install.

The only issues I question is the ignition switch(sun/cloud) was partially(1 wire) chewed by my favorite field mouse and the CR7 plug... it seems odd running such a cold plug, thought either a CR8 or BR8 would be the correct range to run... I can't find a pilot under a 35

Thoughts??!

Old 05-22-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroNut View Post
I've never had a bike that was unjettable!

The motor has 4-5 hrs since new and has an hour on the new S3 cylinder'head combo, no seal leaks, 98 leaded fuel, CR7 plug(installed from dealer), float correct, 50:1 full synthetic mix, 152 main and 35 pilot, clip on top notch... Bike runs VERY strong mid to top but has more spooge/plug is wet. I just added a gnarly pipe to pull the power down lower in the revs - has not been ridden since install.

The only issues I question is the ignition switch(sun/cloud) was partially(1 wire) chewed by my favorite field mouse and the CR7 plug... it seems odd running such a cold plug, thought either a CR8 or BR8 would be the correct range to run... I can't find a pilot under a 35

Thoughts??!
All that and you missed the most important part - the needle! That is where the magic happens with jetting these beasts. If it has N1EF on it throw it in the bin and do some reading on needles. Gassers shouldn?t need a 7 plug either. Br8es/g works great in them.
That main is very small for a 300. Check that you have a 38mm carb as well as I have seen a couple slip by with 36mm?s
If it is a 38mm I?d start with 42/175 on a N3cj #2 adjust for altitude and see how you like it.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:55 AM

What needle are you using ?

Try a different premix oil, with a lower flash point (like a semi synthetic one). Use full synthetic only if you run the bike pinned most of the time. That should deal with the spooge/wet plug a little bit, but it will not fix the jetting issue.

For jetting/needle/spark plug, I'd recommend you go back to "standard" and take it from there (most of us around here run 175/40). The problem may very well be somewhere else.

If you are running so lean for me it means you are trying to cover up a different issue with the bike that's causing it to run rich. First thing that comes to mind regarding this is it's sucking gear oil thru the crankshaft seal ?? or the float height may need to be re-adjusted ?? Something definitely wrong tough.