Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Thanks - That is a GREAT idea!!! Cheaper than my $14 bling bling bolt.... ;-)
That is a great idea, I actually had a neoprene washer between the frame and the tank to help, but it went down the road with the bolt...lol. I'll try to glue the next one, but with all the fuel leaking from the split, not sure how long the glue will last.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default gas tank bolt

I've been thinking about this. I think If I needed to, I would get the correct length bolt, washer. And put a piece of fuel/vent hose on bolt of correct length-to use as spacer for tank. Cutting the hose at the right length will cause it to expand a little when tightened, creating a snug fit. But don't over tighten, or it will defeat the purpose of trying to keep from tank distortion. A little Loctite would be good too.

Or just make a stud, use 2 rubber washers sandwiched between 2 20mm washers. Drill the bolt for a mini clip. Adjust length of stud, so a little pressure on washers allow clip install. And you would have a quick release setup.