Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Default ktm rc 8 limited edition

I'm not sure what the hell the model name is but .. Freedom cycle in concord Nh is where my dirtbike club holds its meetings. They are a long time ktm dealer. ktm has sent over to US just 25 special edition rc 8's evidently in something just short of full race mode. Has some fancy akropovic pipe on it. they want 25k for it. Only 25 coming into the states and this guy has three!! Anyway the owner wheels one into the show room and fires it up when we are all there. omfg!! this has to be one of the sweetest sounding bikes I have ever heard. I'm not a huge ktm fan or even a sportbike fan but the first thing I thought was if they had the motor in something more conducive to a 47 your old body .... Mine!! If a dealer near you has one of these limited edition rigs go down and beg them to fire it up your ears won't be disappointed!! Probably one of the sweetest sounding bikes I've ever heard

Old 06-10-2011, 01:04 AM

you can't beat akro pipes. They are the best sounding by far. I have them on my zx10R and my friend has it on his KTM 990 adveturer. The short pipes on the RC8 must make them sound even more spectacular!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Does it sound like a Superduke with Akros?

I almost bought a leftover Superduke. Problem was even at the leftover price it was way more than a current model Hyper, and is basically unridable in stock form, in the summer anyway, as the cats are in the cans and fry your but. So add manditory Akros and a re-map on top of that.

I do like the concept of the SMT, but the plastic/tank is just too much IMO.