Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Speaking of the ISDE. I guess there's no ISDE version GasGas this year?

Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Speaking of the ISDE. I guess there's no ISDE version GasGas this year?
If it were to look like the KTM Six Days bikes this year, they're doing us a favor!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Test of the 2015 GG 300E
Use Google Chrome to translate.

http://www.enduromagazine.com/prueba...ec-300re-2015/
Old 02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

As soon as the weather warms up I will give my review on my new 300 .
Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 AM

Checked out the 2015 300's and just by looking at them I was not that impressed to be honest. Lots of bells, whistles & bling, just hope they have balls.
I will stand by my opinion that electric start on a 2 stroke is for the lazy & inexperienced, the argument being if you would sacrifice riding all day with a extra 7 kilo's or so just in the off chance you may get stuck on the side of a hill or what ever once in a blue moon, or just want to push a button instead of kicking your bike over is no argument at all. E-start on a 200 WTF?
Never had e-start on 650 4strokes once, harden up, next you'll want heated hand grips.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

One ride on the hard stuff in Colorado or Arizona and you'd change your tune pretty quick. You get stuck on hills slightly more often....
Old 05-05-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taddict View Post
Checked out the 2015 300's and just by looking at them I was not that impressed to be honest. Lots of bells, whistles & bling, just hope they have balls.
I will stand by my opinion that electric start on a 2 stroke is for the lazy & inexperienced, the argument being if you would sacrifice riding all day with a extra 7 kilo's or so just in the off chance you may get stuck on the side of a hill or what ever once in a blue moon, or just want to push a button instead of kicking your bike over is no argument at all. E-start on a 200 WTF?
Never had e-start on 650 4strokes once, harden up, next you'll want heated hand grips.
I, like you, used to laugh at the thought of e-start on a dirt bike. Being neither lazy nor inexperienced and somewhat open-minded, I quickly recognized it's benefit after using it in challenging situations. I wouldn't want the button to be the only way to start the bike, and its absence doesn't indicate a flawed design, but it sure is nice to have.

To your next point, heated handgrips are a great addition when the temperature drops well below freezing and you still want to ride your dirt bike. Our Last Ride Before Deer Season (tm) got underway at 27F, and the thermometer dropped from there.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 05-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
If you ride in wide open areas with not much technical area then estart isn't a big thing.. but it's also having to do with what you like.. but it's a huge difference .. and really the weight thing means nothing to me.. it's not an mx bike .. and even for mx the weight issue is a crock for most riders.. I stand for estart. You save your energy for riding ..It makes a big difference... especially for the extreme enduro crowd. ..or just trail riding..but if you don't care for it. Hey you get a wider choice of bikes. Here's some local trails. estart helps big time. The estart here is not for the lazy and inexperienced. The guy in the pic is the least experienced and he's gotten pretty good considering he's only ridden a couple of years.. Almost all the other guys are vet riders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnqTKM_os8

I ride a Beta 300 but I like gasgas too.. I have an old 01 300 ec still. I figure the newest 300 ought to still be a great bike . The motor has always been great.. and gasgas handle well.. they turn. I hope they continue and keep cranking out these great bikes.. a few years ago I rode an 11 ' 250 gasgas and that bike is awesome too.. estart.. and it handled.. lugged and opened up real nice.. plenty power everywhere.. nice bike and great to ride. I didn't feel any weight difference from any other bike.. Here's part of the ride.. the guy with the gasgas was leading. I had my 525 beta at the time... big benefit? estart.. even though it's a tank compared to a 2 stroke with estart. Today we have more choices.. great.. my big 4 stroke is great.. as long as I don't have to get off the bike or hit extra hard riding. ..where I will fall once in a while or get out of shape and feel the weight a little more. . but in the open stuff I don't feel the weight. I bet if I had been able to find an 11 estart gasgas at the time I'd probably be riding that right now instead of my Beta 300. I mean I like the Beta and the design of their estart.. but I really liked that 250 gasgas that I rode then.. great bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvW889c69uc
Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cool, thanks for all your negative input! Why some people enjoy bashing publicly is beyond me? And calling out anyone who has an e-start is just really thoughtless!

Apparently it has balls enough to get a 3rd in the Vegas Endurocross.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:12 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Cool, thanks for all your negative input! Why some people enjoy bashing publicly is beyond me? And calling out anyone who has an e-start is just really thoughtless!

Apparently it has balls enough to get a 3rd in the Vegas Endurocross.
The bikes are great and winning.. as far as the estart.. well maybe he just rides in wide open flat stuff.. but then any mx bike would be ok then.. There's a difference between that and a real enduro bike.

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/en...in-spanish-mud

http://enduro21.com/index.php/compon...-2015-ewc-team

idk... maybe too much testosterone in the coffee?