Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 AM

If anyone wants to make a bracket to retro a q stealth to say an 01 300 I might be an interested party.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but this both a funny and sad story all at the same time.

Our club volunteered to man a booth at an Az Game & Fish Dept. expo a couple of years ago. We needed a theme besides just responsible riding so we decided to offer free sound checks to the public. Had a young man on a kwad 450 something, performed the check and it blew 108db. Tried explaining to the guy about issues facing our sport and why quiet is better, less sound=more ground, yada, yada, yada. His response? "I need those 108 decibels to climb out of steep sand washes", yeah, I'm sure the look on my face was precious, the only response I could muster was, "next!".

Sorry, back on topic, I love my Q Stealth!!!

Last edited by F_G; 05-15-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 AM

There's 2 threads going on this silencer but in case someone is not watching the other thread...

Had my '05MC 250 sound tested this weekend.

Before - TCII with fresh packing = 92 dB

After - Brand new Q Stealth = 83.6 dB
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website

Last edited by rpduc; 05-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 AM

wow...I got to get one. I just have to find someone with the mod skills to pull it off.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 PM

any news on what FMF decided about the older bikes?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj18 View Post
any news on what FMF decided about the older bikes?
I called the other day and there was no interest on their part.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:24 AM

It's NOT difficult AT ALL to fit the Q Stealth to the "older" bikes.

I was talking with Steve "Berkyboy" from Go Fasters at a local trail ride last weekend and he suggested that the maybe the swaged end on the '07+ Q Stealth being a tiny bit small to fit my Fatty or Doma was a production error. Maybe give Go Fasters a call and see if you can get that worked out. Maybe they could try a few on some older Fattys or Gnarlys.

Then it would be a very simple matter of making a couple brackets out of easily available alu. strap with a hacksaw and a drill.

I cut the front bracket off the subframe because I originally intended to mount it at the high angle like my old silencer, but in hindsight I'm pretty sure it would be much simpler to just mount it at the new "lower" angle with "adapter" brackets.

The swaged end was only a very tiny bit too small. If I'd have known that I was going to end up mounting at the lower angle anyway I would have tried harder to get that swaged end opened up a tad. Since I had to cut it anyway to change the angle this was the most expedient in my case.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P

My Website
Old 05-23-2009, 10:48 AM

I will ask them the next time I can actually get them on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpduc View Post
It's NOT difficult AT ALL to fit the Q Stealth to the "older" bikes.

I was talking with Steve "Berkyboy" from Go Fasters at a local trail ride last weekend and he suggested that the maybe the swaged end on the '07+ Q Stealth being a tiny bit small to fit my Fatty or Doma was a production error. Maybe give Go Fasters a call and see if you can get that worked out. Maybe they could try a few on some older Fattys or Gnarlys.

Then it would be a very simple matter of making a couple brackets out of easily available alu. strap with a hacksaw and a drill.

I cut the front bracket off the subframe because I originally intended to mount it at the high angle like my old silencer, but in hindsight I'm pretty sure it would be much simpler to just mount it at the new "lower" angle with "adapter" brackets.

The swaged end was only a very tiny bit too small. If I'd have known that I was going to end up mounting at the lower angle anyway I would have tried harder to get that swaged end opened up a tad. Since I had to cut it anyway to change the angle this was the most expedient in my case.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 PM

rpduc,

Did you end up cutting off the original end and welding on one you made?

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpduc View Post
This was REALLY easy.

I just did it in about an hour on my lunch break. Well almost.. I still have to weld a tab to the subframe for the front mount, but that will also be very easy.

I cut the swaged ends off both at about what looked like the right angle, stuck the TCII end on the stinger and hung the Stealth off the back hanger. A little bit more fussy grinding for a gap free fit, tacked it in place on the bike, took it off welded it up. Not my best weld job, but it won't break.

The plastic went right back on with only a 1/4 spacer between it and the lower tab on the subframe.

Yes if you could fix the minimal swage problem and stuck it on at the "new" angle it would be quite easy to fab up an adapter plate, or maybe make two separate ones. I thought about doing that, but this was immediate gratification.

If that subframe can hold my fat arse it surely will hold this can. I'm not the LEAST bit worried about it.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:01 PM

I cut the swaged end off the TurbineCoreII that I had on there previously and welded it in place of the too small end that I cut off of the Q Stealth..

Like I said I just did it that way because it was expedient given the tools I had at hand.

I still haven't found out if this particular silencer was maybe just fabbed wrong or if they're all like that. I might try giving FMF a call and see what they say. Seems weird that it would be such a tiny bit too small.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P

My Website