Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Default A message from the OZ importer

I have been following this Gas Gas site and have seen there is a lot more Australian members on here now.

Some questions asked from Australian members are hard to be answered as the US market has different models and circumstances than Australia, so I thought that being the Australian importer of Gas Gas I should join this forum and try and help answering some questions that are from Australia.

We have a great product and I think if I can add to the knowledge of Gas Gas for members it can only help.

I may not be able to answer every question but if we can help Australian Gas Gas members so they can enjoy there Gas Gas experience a bit more we will try.

Clay has done a great job with the concerns of the US market and with us also contributing it could also help.

If the members are happy with me trying to answer questions from OZ I would be happy to do so.

Regards
John Fretten
Solo Motorcycle imports

Old 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Welcome to the site mate and I know the folks from down under will appreciate any insite you can provide. We will also take any info you can provide as most of the bike is the same for us too. Thanks for offering up your support.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Good one Solo.Getting proactive is the way to go.Any information is well reiceved around here.Good to see importers(some) posting the real bizz as some retailers are a waste of space.
Oh and welcome btw.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

John,
It absolutely will help the brand if you provide insight from your part of the world. Please jump in whenever you want. Hopefully we can answer everyone's questions.
Also, we can gang up on Jordi!
Clay
Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

As one of the people from Australia I see this as a big step in the right direction. As stated any information is good information. Even if its not what we want to hear.

It also gives you some more insight into what we want and feel on certain matters. Ie expands your scope a bit further beyond what you receive from your dealers.

So first off the bat, What have you got planned for Aus in 2012?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM

Talking

Thanks for the welcome.
We are all on this site because we believe in the brand but sometimes information is hard to find, so lets see if I can help from down under.
I think Clay will agree that what we get and what US gets are similar but not always the same.
Australia do not have the strict pollution laws like the US so we can register our bikes for the road but bikes like the XC would not sell in OZ.

Hi Clay
Australia has David looking after us and he is a great person to deal with but having Australia and the US telling Jordi and David similar needs could help us both to be able to get what customers are asking for in the future.

Jakobi

For 2012 Australia will get the E-start 250 and 300 with Ohlins 888 and Marzocchi 48. This was something I have been pushing for and Gas Gas has agreed on. 1st shipment should be about November.
my thoughts were if we are getting a complete new bike lets go for the new suspension as well.

We will get the EC200 Race version that will have similar trimmings to what the six day 200 had in 2011.I think two dealers may still have 200 six day on the floor if someone is interested in OZ.

Later we will see 250 and 300 Race models (they will take over from the Six day that we had in 2011)Until they arrive we still have two six day bikes in stock.

We may also bring in a few 250 4T but have very little details on that at this stage.

No decision or information has been made about the 2012 450.

The 2011 Gas Gas 450 motor is still available and has been a great bike for us so we may just run with that next year.

Regards
Solo Imports
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 PM

Good on ya Solo, if you can keep up with Clay's pace then the down under crew is in good hands! Sounds like a different market for sure but they're still born in the same factory! Good to have you aboard.
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO View Post
Australia do not have the strict pollution laws like the US so we can register our bikes for the road but bikes like the XC would not sell in OZ.

For 2012 Australia will get the E-start 250 and 300 with Ohlins 888 and Marzocchi 48. This was something I have been pushing for and Gas Gas has agreed on. 1st shipment should be about November.
my thoughts were if we are getting a complete new bike lets go for the new suspension as well.

We will get the EC200 Race version that will have similar trimmings to what the six day 200 had in 2011.I think two dealers may still have 200 six day on the floor if someone is interested in OZ.

Later we will see 250 and 300 Race models (they will take over from the Six day that we had in 2011)Until they arrive we still have two six day bikes in stock.

Regards
Solo Imports
Thanks John.

Stoked to hear about the suspension. I specifically bought the 2010 Euro model EC300 over the stock model for the Ohlins 888 and while I've been happy with the Sachs forks I've only been hearing great things about the 48mm zokes.

I'm just about sold on the 2012 now I'll be looking at a Race model with all the pretty parts I think. What extras do they have over the base model and I assume they'll be kick start only. When do you expect to see these? Around Feb?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 PM

Welcome to the site. I'd have to guess you (and just about everyone else working with/for Gas Gas) are pretty excited about the 2012s. Thanks for taking some of your time to help us out.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Question.Why is there only 1 Aussie team in the NRL final?