Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Default Turning circle, how to improve?

The turning circle is not all that on my ec 250 12 due to the alloy bolts (stoppers) restrict the turning circle.there obviously there for a reason but wouldn't it be detrimental to the triple clamps I I removed them all together, if so then I would have to replace with a flatter bolt.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

If you remove them and replace the bolt you might get a smidgen more. They are there to stop the fork tubes contacting the radiators. Removing them entirely could work well for a while, but may end up rather expensive if you bin it.

I think the 2013 uses a little shorter bolts. I've noticed mine doesn't turn so well in the shed, but I don't even notice on the trail. Lean it over further and give it more throttle
Old 05-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Good luck with that, it is one thing I would really like to see the factory improve. You can start with removing the washers under the stop bolts. If that's not enough, I removed material from the head of the stop bolts until I had .005 mm between the upper fork tubes and the frame. This is pushing it close and in the event of a hard crash you might bend the fork tubes. It's a chance I'm willing to take. Its still not great.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM

It's a bit pisspoor as there speaciality is trials which tight turning is key.
Haven't got a problem leaning her over in open stuff, but when going down a steep rutted nadgery wooded hill I either bin it as can't get round or have to get off and maneuver it around.
Think I will replace the Allen bolt with a normal flatter bolt, might just make bit of a difference
Old 05-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Banned

I wouldn't mess with removing the bolts or grinding them down. Taking a BIG chance with running the forks tubes into the frame is a very expensive fix. These 48mm zokes are almost half the cost of the bike.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 AM

why not just move the forks up to get a better turning radius?

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 05-18-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I wouldn't mess with removing the bolts or grinding them down. Taking a BIG chance with running the forks tubes into the frame is a very expensive fix. These 48mm zokes are almost half the cost of the bike.

Agree with this. I started to do the exact same thing then stopped because it was bit worth it to me. I ride very tight trails in WA state and once you get used to the bike it basically turns itself...;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Agree with this. I started to do the exact same thing then stopped because it was bit worth it to me. I ride very tight trails in WA state and once you get used to the bike it basically turns itself...;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didnt want to admit it but I to was trying the same thing until I realized the cost of a BIG mistake. I decided to work on technique instead. Hitting the front brake to lighten the back end and then swing it around for the tight turn or goosing the throttle and hitting the brakes to slide the rear around. The first technique is what alot of trials riders do to get around a tight turn.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I didnt want to admit it but I to was trying the same thing until I realized the cost of a BIG mistake. I decided to work on technique instead. Hitting the front brake to lighten the back end and then swing it around for the tight turn or goosing the throttle and hitting the brakes to slide the rear around. The first technique is what alot of trials riders do to get around a tight turn.

Good points - thanks

One of the best additions for me was the LHRB. I can slide and operate through corners so much more faster then with the foot brake!! It was definitely a huge beneficial mod for me!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Fair doo's I will probably leave it be then. It's the only neg thing about the bike apart from the the front pipe made of cheese, the rest of the bike so far is sweet and a joy to ride. I'm not sure how technique can cure it going down a steep tight wooded single rutted line hill though.