Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default questions for EC 300 owners?

Hi everyone,
I am seriously thinking about getting a left over 08 ec 300.
I am a little aprehensive for a few reasons.
1) relibility
2) quality and craftsman of Gas Gas bikes,
3) parts availibility
4) stability of the company
I have never had an exotic bike nor have I even seen a EC 300 in person, so I am in the research process.
Everything I read so far was good, but I'd like to hear from guys that have actual experience with owning and riding them.
Thanks for the input!!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I have an o7 and it is the best bike I have owned by far.
Parts are not hard to get, just need to order online for a specialty part .
Would thoroughly recommend.
Cheers Mark.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 AM

I live in Spain about 80 miles far from the gasgas factory, until 2005 there were no problems at all with the factory, between 2006 and mid 2008 was a kind of pain about parts and so on, since then there are no problems at all and everything is back to what it should be.

The EC bikes are not the best looking bikes in the world, plastics quality are not as good as jap bikes but chasis and engine are probably the best trails/woods/enduro ones you can get today and the 2 strokes gassers are very reliable.

You won't be dissapointed with a EC300, tones of torque, great low end, excellent mid range and more than enough top power. After you ride an ec250 or ec300 half an hour looks like you have been riding it for years.

have fun,

j.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 AM

I had my first gasgas last year 08' mc250. I did less maint than any bike i have ever owned. I have owned over 15. I raced 32 races last year and the bike still felt "tight". I now have 08 EC 300 and love the bike. It is very reliable also. I get parts from GoFasters here to VA usually within 5 days. I always order all the off the wall parts and they have them in stock. My next bike will be GasGas and the bike after that will be GasGas!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Hey Baker, Where in VA are you? I'm in Richmond and am waiting on a 08 ec300 right now.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 AM

in roanoke where did you order your gasser? You do any VCHSS, VXCS, NCHSA?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 AM

I ordered from a Shop in Herndon (The Trialzone) . I wanted the Six days plastics swaped & that has turned out to be a bit of problem delaying delivery of the bike.

I havent done any VCHSS , but I think it would be fun to do ,just for the fun of it ,not really to win.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Site Sponsor

Default White plastics

The white plastics issue is our fault and no fault of your dealers. We had ordered 15 "complete" kits to be shipped via boat and when it arrived in the end of January it was shrouds, fenders only, no headlights or airbox panels...

I do have some coming but when GasGas releases "new" plastics looks on their bikes you have to keep in mind they produce maybe 2 sets, take photo's, release photo's then sit back and wait for feedback so when the ISDE product was shown last July it only became available in limited quantity for the ISDE bikes and then available to importers in December.

We are starting to import different plastic sets and eliminating stock of "graphic" plastics from prior to 06. In the future if a customer wants plastics for a specific year with graphics it will be special order. We will only carry 06 plastic with stickers in the 3 colors. Stocking 3 different colors with graphics for 6 different years has become very difficult and expensive.

As far as parts availability on hard parts (wear items, breakable items). You shouldn't have a problem anymore...unless you have an 03 quad 300 and you want chassis parts, we haven't built our stock up on that....just yet
Old 03-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Seems like we should be able to get someone to make us some complete graphics kits in generic colors like black, white, and silver that would look good on blue. red, and yellow bikes. It would only take 3 sets to cover every gasser enduro bike made after 2001. I'm talking about something similar to OEM graphics but affordable.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I feel more at ease, thanks!!, I am looking forward to getting the EC... should see it the first week of next month.
I was interested in the 6 day's plastics and graphix as well.