Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:23 PM

Default 05 FSE450 fuel light

When I bought my bike, the PO had switched back to the stock tank from the Clarke that he bought. I ran out of gas shortly after I started driving it. There was no low fuel light! Turns out when he plugged the fuel pump harness to the tank he bent one of the pins.
I straightened it out but made sure to fill up every 45 miles or less to be safe.

FF to today. After unsuccessfully putting the Clarke tank back on, I have to go back to the stocker. Figuring it was a good time to check the light with no fuel in the tank, I plugged everything in and...nothing. No low fuel light. All the pins are straight.

I know what color the wire is from looking in the manual, but how can I test this? check resistance in fluid and out? Bad sensor? bad light?

I want to go riding with a friend (he's got DR) but I have such pitiful fuel range I want to play it safe.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

How many miles you need to go ? I could easily get 80 hard miles out of my 05 with the Clarke tank.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
How many miles you need to go ? I could easily get 80 hard miles out of my 05 with the Clarke tank.

Until the Clarke tank is repaired ( if it can be) I'm stuck with the stocker. I've never ridden up there (Northern WI) but he said the shorter trail is 25 miles.
I'd hate to resort to carrying 2 liter soda bottles full of gas
Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Stock tank is good for 40-45 miles.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM

I got the fuel light issue resolved. When swapping the bulp from the high beam to test it I found that parts of the wiring harness were mangled. Probably from rubbing, but the previous owner did a helluva number on some of the wires as well. Installed connectors and taped up bare spots on wires, everything seems fine now.