Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:42 PM

Default Red vs Green Sticker Discussion

Red sticker bikes in a green sticker state for public riding areas? Pushing a bike in California that can't be ridden legally in offroad parks is very confusing. I bet the mso will now say offroad competition closed course only all over it now. Sounds like a wonderful business model. Not.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackmack View Post
Red sticker bikes in a green sticker state for public riding areas? Pushing a bike in California that can't be ridden legally in offroad parks is very confusing. I bet the mso will now say offroad competition closed course only all over it now. Sounds like a wonderful business model. Not.
There are plenty of red sticker bikes being used on BLM & National Forest areas all year round..... dont think you have a clear understanding of the red / green sticker with regards to when and where the bikes can be used.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 04-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Where did the red/green sticker discussion come from? Is something changing? Having an MSO that says offroad only is a sure killer for the brand. Many folks I know buy Gas Gas for the reason of being able to tag them in their respective state, including me and every Gas Gas owner I ride with.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jersey View Post
Where did the red/green sticker discussion come from? Is something changing? Having an MSO that says offroad only is a sure killer for the brand. Many folks I know buy Gas Gas for the reason of being able to tag them in their respective state, including me and every Gas Gas owner I ride with.
Not trying to derail this thread...................

It's a California thing.....don't know about other states if it applies. I know Oregon and Nevada it doesn't apply.

It's pretty much like this > Any bike 2002 and older can ride year a round regardless of the location, state, county, BLM, National Forest. Green Sticker.

2003 + is a red sticker bike. I think it's 1 June - 1 Oct is limited due to ARB - Areas that are below 2000 feet in elevation, it's a air quality issue. Area's that have closed course competition events, like the Hollister GP track (State owner property) track can run a motocross event and it can be open to red / green sticker bikes. But if you tried to get a red sticker bike at a state riding area like Prairie City OHV during the above mentioned time frame you could be having issues. But......if you take a red sticker bike above 2000 feet elevation, say Georgetown, Elkins Flat ( National Forest ) your good to go!

The air quality here in the valley can get pretty bad due to the heat, ag related and smog issue, so the state figures it can help the air quality be placing restrictions of when and what type ( red or green sticker) bike.

I have both, red and green sticker bikes. The GasGas is a green sticker, the RM is red sticker. The RM I can ride it all year, due to the fact it is closed competition courses, motocross events.

For ME, it's really not an issue, it's just too hot during May to Sept to ride here in the valley. It is much cooler up in the National Forest during those times.

I'm sure Rod can correct me if I'm all wet here, as he know the regulation much better than me. I just ride.......plus green sticker bikes can bring in premium dollars.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Not trying to derail this thread...................

It's a California thing.....don't know about other states if it applies. I know Oregon and Nevada it doesn't apply.

It's pretty much like this > Any bike 2002 and older can ride year a round regardless of the location, state, county, BLM, National Forest. Green Sticker.

2003 + is a red sticker bike. I think it's 1 June - 1 Oct is limited due to ARB - Areas that are below 2000 feet in elevation, it's a air quality issue. Area's that have closed course competition events, like the Hollister GP track (State owner property) track can run a motocross event and it can be open to red / green sticker bikes. But if you tried to get a red sticker bike at a state riding area like Prairie City OHV during the above mentioned time frame you could be having issues. But......if you take a red sticker bike above 2000 feet elevation, say Georgetown, Elkins Flat ( National Forest ) your good to go!

The air quality here in the valley can get pretty bad due to the heat, ag related and smog issue, so the state figures it can help the air quality be placing restrictions of when and what type ( red or green sticker) bike.

I have both, red and green sticker bikes. The GasGas is a green sticker, the RM is red sticker. The RM I can ride it all year, due to the fact it is closed competition courses, motocross events.

For ME, it's really not an issue, it's just too hot during May to Sept to ride here in the valley. It is much cooler up in the National Forest during those times.

I'm sure Rod can correct me if I'm all wet here, as he know the regulation much better than me. I just ride.......plus green sticker bikes can bring in premium dollars.
Sounds like a HORRIBLE mess. I am sure the 20 motorcycles out riding on any given day have a dramatic effect on pollution . That is an example of Nazi liberals getting what they want uncontrolled. Not much better here in Jersey, we don't have any "legal" riding at all.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:29 PM

95....it's not really bad at all....so it helps to have a red and green sticker bike and you can ride all year, but then again you can ride a red sticker all year, just need to be at the right locations....... Yes, those up in the glass house are control freaks...... have a good one!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 04-08-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Having an MSO that states "Off Road Only" is required in Colorado to get the bike plated. Very counter-intuitive but true. It has to be written on the MSO or Bill of Sale.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRider01 View Post
Having an MSO that states "Off Road Only" is required in Colorado to get the bike plated. Very counter-intuitive but true. It has to be written on the MSO or Bill of Sale.
Then how does everyone get plates for their street bikes?
Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Then how does everyone get plates for their street bikes?
It's only for dirt bikes being converted to street titles. Street bikes already have street titles.

It's super easy to do the conversion in CO but you do have to jump through some very specific hoops.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Administrator

This thread has gone in a different direction from the original post. Just an fyi that I will split the latter discussion off in to a separate thread.

Jeff