Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
You have installed a rectifier and depending on your volt meter you may only read 0.707 of the peak voltage. Your actual voltage may be 1.414 x 12= 16.9V.

You can install a regulator https://www.motosport.com/product/?c...445339&variant[TRH0001]=TRH0001-X001-Y001

or a LED bulb that has a wider range of input voltage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H6-BA20D-DC...0b90bd07b5a0ba
Unfortunatelly the first link is not working (something about GPDR regulations). Is there any alternative?
The second is very usefull. I didnt know that exists that kind of bulbs. But still I got a problem because I want to connect a radiator fan, so need to fix the voltage to be 12-13v maximum

Old 09-20-2019, 06:40 AM

Dunno about your model, but my older 2007 has a spare AC output next to the frame near the headstem.

Perhaps use this for the fan and leave the headlight as-is?

Or is that extra spare output in use for something else on your bike?
Old 09-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Voltage-...oAAOSwh35c1zOF

I have run the that LED bulb directly off the yellow lighting coil with no regulator or rectifier and I have had good success.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Voltage-...oAAOSwh35c1zOF

I have run the that LED bulb directly off the yellow lighting coil with no regulator or rectifier and I have had good success.
The main issue is the radiator fan. So as you suggedt I need a new voltage regulator
Old 09-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimtsam View Post
Thanks a lot Neil. Any suggestions for regulator/rectifier? I know about the Trailtech. This afternoon I made a test with a chinese reg/rec ( 4 wires) that the 2 wires are the DC and the other two are the yellow and the white cables that comes from stator (2 phase). It didnt worked well. So I dont know if there is an other option except the Trailtech's one.
The GG stator is single phase AC only. Bottom of the windings is engine/chassis ground. Top of the windings is the white wire for maximum output. The yellow wire is a little ways down the windings, say 90% output. This reduces the output a bit so a basic regulator has a better chance of keeping the voltage stable.

The white wire is used to feed a regulator/rectifier so the voltage is higher to enable battery charging. Using the white plus yellow wire for a rectifer input is useless, there isn't enough energy on that 10% of the windings to do anything.

A rectifier input connection must be either yellow plus ground OR white plus ground. The rectifier output only goes to the device you are powering.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:59 PM

Sorry but I think there is a misunderstanding. I m trying to find a way to see if my voltage regulator is faulty even if the multimeter reads between 9-12 volts.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:20 PM

I thought maybe you were hooking it up wrong. If you are measuring the DC output from your simple rectifier (using the yellow wire as the AC source) I would expect to get 11-13 volts if the bike's voltage regulator is working. The voltage should not increase when the revs go up. Note that the factory regulator is only connected to the yellow wire. If the voltage climbs above 16 volts, the regulator is not working properly.

Tape a voltmeter to the handlebars and watch the readings as you ride around. Bulbs will burn out if the voltage is too high. Factory regulators are not very reliable.

The alternative is using a TrailTech or similar rectifier/regulator with the white wire as the AC source. This should be more reliable. You would need to measure your isolated DC voltage to confirm that the rectifier/regulator is operating correctly.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

It may be possible that he does not even have a regulator on the bike.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
It may be possible that he does not even have a regulator on the bike.
No. There is a regulator.right side near tje ignition coil