Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 06-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Default Helen rides my Spanish Girlfriend....hard!

Hey guys, here is a somewhat mostly boring video but it does have it's moments. In the suspension topics I asked for advice/help in lowering my 450 and 300 in hopes the wife could ride one. Thank you all for the suggestions....it payed off! She can ride the 450 stupid well but I think it's just too heavy. She thought the 300 had too much power and was too light. So I put the flywheel weight on (heaviest available, I forget the weight) and told her "this will "slow it down", "Just be gentle on the throttle" She fell for it.

Her favorite bike was the CRF230F....the EC is waaaaaaay, uh, different!

So anyway, she's 54 years old, it was ~95 degrees, and this was her THIRD ride ever on it!!!!!!!! The first 2 were just up and down the road and idling around the yard to make sure she could reach the ground.....she has insanely good balance.

She almost nails 2 rabbits and you can see both but they happen fast. Everything white is sugar sand. The grey parts of the road are full of ruts. After the kids and the dog that uphill is full of deep ruts and holes you can't see in the video. She had never road that road before on the Gasser and not in at least a year, it changes weekly as to condition!!!!!!! Scared the crap out me when I realized she was going to haul ass up it , I rode it earlier!

When we got back I "scolded" her for going so fast the first time in the woods and sugar sand. She said, "I thought I was going slow, it felt slow".

I'm quite proud of her. How competent will she be by the end of the summer after riding Ting Ting 4-6 days a week?

Here are the interesting parts......

5:30 - 8:00....her first ride down the sugar sand, rutted, dirt road with "target rabbits"

12:25....she enters the path

14:15 she cuts the paved road corner....going too fast, of course

15:30.....2nd ride ever down the dirt sugar sand, rutted road

18:18 owned by sugar sand!!!!!! very funny!

She can start the bike in neutral but not in gear and she still has a hard time finding neutral but this will change as she gets more used to it. She likes the button on the 450

Anyway, thanks to the GG forum members taking time to chime in and give advice and support my wife has stolen my Spanish Girlfriend....thanks a lot fellas, thanks a lot.....I should have known better than to ask advice here. Now I lost my Girlfriend
Ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cH...ad_owner-smbtn

Edit**** When we got back I asked her if she had seen the rabbits and she said "yes" I said "you did not even flinch". She said "why would I? they are just stupid rabbits".....best wife ever!

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Last edited by houndog; 06-08-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: tidbits*****

Old 06-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like she can touch enough to confidently get through the more open things. No issues with riding it. Think I saw her throw a roost or two as well.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM

What?? No estart for the lady? She did really well and on a 300 no less!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar