Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The same thing happened to my 07 250. Pulled the carb and found "trash" in the bowl. Cleaned with carb cleaner and cleaned tank. I think I got some bad gas as the tank had a good bit of trash inside. After cleaning the carb no more problems.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Cool

Well, after cleaning the carburetor, the power valve and repacking the silencer things changed a little for the better, or at least I think so. I'm starting to have doubts how did the motor actually run a month ago...

Anyway, the idle still is problematic. I tried making a short video, hopefully clear enough to understand the problem may be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYgS5d5ekA

The settings at the time of the video are:

PJ 45
MJ 180
N1EF at second clip from the top
Air screw between 0 and 3 turns (didn't notice difference in any position)
Outside temp: 20-22 degrees Celsius (70-75 F)

This morning I tried spaying again around the flywheel just in case, and don't notice change in revs.

One other interesting bit: even at warm engine, it's hard to start it without the choke pulled. If choked, it starts first or second kick, if not, I can kick it all day probably. Still, if I open the throttle suddenly from idle, it bogs, which is sign for being rich, right?

P.S. I guess this saga is turning into yet another 2-stroke jetting ordeal May be a moderator should split and move this thread?

Last edited by Krasi; 05-27-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
Well, after cleaning the carburetor, the power valve and repacking the silencer things changed a little for the better, or at least I think so. I'm starting to have doubts how did the motor actually run a month ago...

Anyway, the idle still is problematic. I tried making a short video, hopefully clear enough to understand the problem may be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYgS5d5ekA

The settings at the time of the video are:

PJ 45
MJ 180
N1EF at second clip from the top
Air screw between 0 and 3 turns (didn't notice difference in any position)
Outside temp: 20-22 degrees Celsius (70-75 F)

This morning I tried spaying again around the flywheel just in case, and don't notice change in revs.

One other interesting bit: even at warm engine, it's hard to start it without the choke pulled. If choked, it starts first or second kick, if not, I can kick it all day probably. Still, if I open the throttle suddenly from idle, it bogs, which is sign for being rich, right?

P.S. I guess this saga is turning into yet another 2-stroke jetting ordeal May be a moderator should split and move this thread?
3 tell tale signs all in one post
air screw no effect.
needs choke to start warm
bogs when throttle wacked.

all of these point to these things: pilot wrong / float height wrong/ idle screw in too far / wrong needle diameter - one of these things is probably your issue.

can you tune the bog when throttle wacked out with a/s position or no? with bike hot, try 1 turn/2 turn/3 turn and see if it has an effect...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I put a slightly smaller pilot jet (42 vs. 45) and droped the N1EF needle all the way down. A/S is 2 turns out. Now, I think it works OK. Idles easily and smoothly. Responds properly to WFO throttle. Unfortunatelly won't be able to test it in a real ride probaby until next weekend, though.

Thanks for all the input. I've learned a lot during this week of troubleshooting.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 AM

mine idles exactly the same from what i can make of the vid.
my PJ is 40 and MJ 175 needle is N1EG and slide nr 7 adjusted to nr 9 (wich made a good difference. needle is set at it's lowest (leanest)
starts very good when warm, cold is a litlle harder (+- 6 kicks).

i am opening the engine to replace nescesary parts like mains , maybe con rod too... while i'm at it :-)