Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 11-23-2014, 11:58 AM

Communication cable:

KKL 409 cable + Fiat connector

This set should work:
for example: ebay

Old 11-26-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woflow View Post
Hi I tried the Reader on FSR 450 '07 , it works fine! Thank you MercyFlush!
The most difficult part is finding information and getting knowledge about modifying the mapping.

why are there two fuel maps/ignition maps? Because of the blue/yellow wire connetor? How do you realized the map switch?

Do you want my rom file for comparison? I'm not sure if its stock, because i've bought my bike with an unique handmade exhaust, maybe it got an mapupdate.
I'd LOVE your Map, It's good to see someone else have success with the program . If you can upload it to dropbox or something that'd be great, or even to the forum if it's allowed (just rename the file to a .txt instead of .bin to upload on the forum )

The reason they have two maps is generally so that the bike can meet local emissions laws but also have a way of going into a 'race' tune. I'm using this as more of a cruse map for the highway and a more enriched tune for the bush etc. The issue is that the bike's ECU is Open Loop which means on constant loading you'll have issues with running too lean/rich.

Now comes part two of the [How To]. I'll put the update of opening and modifying a rom.
As I was saying in my OP, I've not got enough time to go through step by step, but I'll try to put as much detail in as I can. I'd be great for some other people to share the workload as it'd be nice to be able to get our bikes all nice and tuned up!

Quote:
Communication cable:

KKL 409 cable + Fiat connector

This set should work:
for example: ebay
As I was saying in my O.P
"The general solution is to buy a USB OBD *type* connector along with a FIAT 3 pin connector. You MUST insure you purchase a cable with an FTDI FT232R or EQUIVALENT serial converter inside and the OBD cable MUST ONLY do level conversion (It must NOT have a ELM327 controller). The OBD cable must be a K-Line or ISO9141 etc. compatible. You *can* make your own cable (I did) but just buy the damn thing trust me, it?ll be worth it."

So yeah the above cable will work IF it has an FTDI chip in it. It MUST be an FTDI chip otherwise it's just plain old not going to work. I had bought three VAG-COM cables each time they have a different chip in them. I ended up making my own by substituting the prolific chip with an FTDI one.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Here is my map: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SR07_stock.bin

I bought today an ecu from 400 FSE. On next week I will upload the map to.

I will try some edititing on this ecu.

Does everybody know something about "Rexxer-Mapping" ?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Here is my map: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SR07_stock.bin

I bought today an ecu from 400 FSE. On next week I will upload the map to.

I will try some edititing on this ecu.

Does everybody know something about "Rexxer-Mapping" ?
Very nice, thanks for that. Here is a link to my bin (I didn't realised I hadn't linked it earlier!)
Link

I wouldn't worry about the rexxer stuff. As far as I'm aware it's just an auxiliary box that overrides the fuel injection and ignition timing of the bike similar to the power commanders etc.

What we have is FULL control over the bike's ACTUAL ECU. This means we can map it in whatever form we wish. You can even add in additional code, but this is something that I'll have to get into in a later post as it's not something I can quickly type up. To map your bike first you need to make sure you've correctly located the fuel and ignition tables. If the graphs look odd then the hex offsets are incorrect and must be adjusted. I'll have a look over your ROM when I get a chance (probably in a few days on the weekend). Pretty much the fuel and ignition tables will be in close proximity to where they were on my bike, so I'd suggest shifting the offset address forwards and back until you've found the limits of the map etc.

Great to see you've made good progress! I hope others do too!

Unfortunately for me my gases died yesterday. I was riding home from getting some parts to fix my car and the gearbox started crunching. pretty much every gear but 4th was making an odd grinding noise. Hopefully I can have it rebuilt before the new year, but chances are it's not going to happen

If you're going to start messing with your fuel maps I HIGHLY suggest you buy and install a wideband oxygen sensor. Without this you will not know for sure what AFR's you're hitting. The last thing you want is either the bike running extremely rich which destroys your fuel eco, or running extremely lean causing insane exhaust temps. the wideband will give you a good reading on what's going on

EDIT:
Here is Bernd's XDF corrected to work with your 2007 FSR450
2007 FSR450 XDF

Last edited by MercyFlush; 12-03-2014 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:01 AM

Hallo. How we can make map switch on my 450fse 2003. I cant found blue/yellow wire. All what I can is read and write new map but how change when ride. thx Kamil
Old 01-16-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolik_21 View Post
Hallo. How we can make map switch on my 450fse 2003. I cant found blue/yellow wire. All what I can is read and write new map but how change when ride. thx Kamil
Hello, I'm still working on that. 2005 onwards have the dual map switch but I'm going to try and add it in to my bike when I get time. For now you have to rely on manual changing the map and reuploading it etc.

I'm actually just finishing a full rebuild of my 2003 and once it's finished I'll be getting right back into this and finishing the tutorial
Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Finally got my cable from eBay and here's my MAP.
It's from 2005 FSE450.
Anyone got working good tuned MAP to share? I know that many companies tune GasGas ECU-s to 45kW(about 60HP)....but they want too much money for that
My MAP MAP file.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafka View Post
Finally got my cable from eBay and here's my MAP.
It's from 2005 FSE450.
Anyone got working good tuned MAP to share? I know that many companies tune GasGas ECU-s to 45kW(about 60HP)....but they want too much money for that
My MAP MAP file.
Very good to hear you got it working fine.

I must say though unfortunately my aspirations to tune my Gasgas are short lived, as the clutch in mine is going and I'l not feeling like paying $800 for a new one!

What I will say though, is you can get a Wideband and a datalogger and go for a ride recording tps, rpm and your o2. This will give you just enough info to tune it a little more.

If you were to tune the engine for more power your best bet is higher octane fuel and giving it more advance. Other than that you'll need to do some porting I'd bet. The stock cams are pretty aggressive anyway so you can probably get some extra power from porting alone (so long as you retune).

The system the ecu uses is Alpha-N which is essentially just tps and rpm with some temperature corrections added in. Be wary when tuning for high power as with alpha N you do not get the safeguards which you do with a closed loop system which uses o2 feedback to adjust tunes.

What i'm saying is, tune for power, but don't ride for extended periods on said tune Unless you've really got it nailed down.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 AM

My map, 06 FSE450. (Not sure if it's a factory map, i bought a secondhand ECU when my factory ECU died)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw4td3q6vg...50_06.bin?dl=0
Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM

Is the only option to getting my ECU re flashed sending it to Spain ? 2007 GG FSR 450

Tags
ecu, fse, iaw15p, obd, tune