Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM

Default Rekluse on a GasGas EC200?

I was thinking about getting a Rekluse. I have an '04 GasGas EC200 and am new to racing. I am just wandering if there would be any benefit to having a Rekluse on a 200.

Thanks,

William

Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM

Just ask Billy Burns who rode his GG 200 with a Rekluse auto clutch to the National 200 class enduro championship this year. He also used it here in the New England enduros and swears by them. Sadly he's gone orange for 09 with a super sweet deal he just could not pass up.

If you get one and don't like it I'm sure there will be someone who will be glad to buy it from you.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Site Sponsor

Out of all of the "auto clutches" I would defiantely put Rekluse at the top of the list.They do take some on going maintenance and need a little bit of adjustment from time to time but for most riders they are worth that trade off.

In my opinion they work the best with 250s and 300s as the motors have the torque to stay engaged which cuts down on clutch plate wear as the clutch has a tendancy to hook up quicker which cuts down on "auto slipping."

As far as the 200 goes final gearing plays a big roll in the success of the setup as the auto clutch still needs to pull the bike efficiently. Especially if you ride in technical terrain (hilly, rocky, slippery etc.)

If you are new to the bike spend some time playing with final drive gearing to get it right. Stock gearing from the factory should be 12/48 and I would recommend going to a 50 tooth rear sprocket to see how it works before setting up the auto clutch.

Just my opinion.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 AM

Default Rekluse on a GasGas EC200

Is Billy Burns a bigger rider or do you know. I weigh 210 lbs and have had friends say that I need a bigger bike. It seems like it has plenty of power to me. I'm just trying to decide whether the auto clutch would be a good investment.
I have a friend that has an Rekluse on every bike he rides and he swears by them.

Thanks for the posts. I appreciate the info.

--William
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I'd say Billy is about my size, but a inch or so taller (5'7" - 5'8"), maybe 175#.

Billy rode a 250 in the NETRA enduros and the 200 in the national enduros.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 AM

not true eff,he rode a GG 200 in both,this season he is switching to KTM and riding a 200 in the nationals and a 250 for NETRA
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
not true eff,he rode a GG 200 in both,this season he is switching to KTM and riding a 200 in the nationals and a 250 for NETRA
OK, I'm fairly sure he rode the 250 in RI, at least I thought that was he said.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:21 PM

I have Ec200 with rekluse but I´m going to remove it. I loose alot of power and trottlecontrol compared to my mate´s Ec200. It´s good for clubman riding but if you want to go fast you don´t want it. Perhaps it good on the 300.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM

I guess its all in the setup,billy burns used his recluse fitted 200 to win the A-200 national class,those guys definetly ride fast
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Rekluse

Hi,

1st, See, I still look at the site. I have only had GG 200's and loved them. I rode the first 2 nationals without the Rekluse and then put it in for Rd #3 through #8. It made all the difference in the world and my overall finishes showed. The gearing that I used was 12/51 except at the ISDE and I paid the price. Steve is exactly right, you need to get the gearing figured out before you do the clutch. I also changed the rear sprocket for Rd#3 thru #8 to the 51. I am between 5'7" and 5'8" and weigh between 170 and 175. At 220 I would go to a 52 rear and see how it feels out of the corners. The GG 200's have so much top end (and most places you'll never use it all) that you can go to a 12/52 ratio or maybe 54. The races are won in the corners, get your corner speed up and you'll beat most of the guys in your class. Go-faster's got all of the parts for my bike and may have a new connection for performance 200 kits. Either way they can tell you what you can do to make that bike really sing. If they can't help for some reason, you can always PM me and I will help you with set-up. Don't give up on the 200 they are great bikes, I am very particular about my set-up and the bike worked great for me. I didn't leave GG because of the bike.

Good luck,
Billy