Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Site Sponsor

are there 200's coming to us this year? i would assume the orange 200 is a good seller, and i would think there is definitely a market for them.......i've ridden both, and the gg 200 is hands down the better bike...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Old 08-27-2010, 04:56 PM

I am new to GasGas myself having just purchashed my first, a new 2010 EC300. I love the bike it's awesome! Having someone on this site and and being the man for us is icing on my cake. Can't wait to read the specs on the new bikes, thanks.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Clay...an FWI for ya

Go Fasters begged and begged and Clarke finally made a 3.2 gallon tank for the 07-09 bikes. However in one of those years (08 or 09) GG decided to change the coil mount location so some tweaking needs to be done I'm pretty sure for the tank to fit (should fit the 2010 and 2011 bikes also with tweaking but talk to GF to see).

Here is the link http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index....roducts_id=428

You can still fit a Motosportz damper with this tank. Others may not fit.

Oh, make that a really fast crawl will you please Actually, straight to sprinting would be better
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
are there 200's coming to us this year? i would assume the orange 200 is a good seller, and i would think there is definitely a market for them.......i've ridden both, and the gg 200 is hands down the better bike...
Stainless,
I ordered both the 125 and 200s in Race and Six Days versions.
I did not order very many of them so tell your dealer that you want one asap.
Clay
Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
I am new to GasGas myself having just purchashed my first, a new 2010 EC300. I love the bike it's awesome! Having someone on this site and and being the man for us is icing on my cake. Can't wait to read the specs on the new bikes, thanks.
John,
I'm the man? Cool! Does that mean you'll buy me a beer?
Clay
Old 08-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Clay...an FWI for ya

Go Fasters begged and begged and Clarke finally made a 3.2 gallon tank for the 07-09 bikes. However in one of those years (08 or 09) GG decided to change the coil mount location so some tweaking needs to be done I'm pretty sure for the tank to fit (should fit the 2010 and 2011 bikes also with tweaking but talk to GF to see).

Here is the link http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index....roducts_id=428

You can still fit a Motosportz damper with this tank. Others may not fit.

Oh, make that a really fast crawl will you please Actually, straight to sprinting would be better
Ski,
LOL!!!!!! I'll do my best on the sprint.
Jim Senecal told me last week that the big Clarke tank would fit if you used the old shrouds and heated the tank up in some area and bent it there so it wouldn't rub. Can't remember where he said to heat it. I think this is not acceptable. I want to send a bike to Clarke to have a new one built. I have plans to talk to Spain about how they want to do this.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Diffidently dump the FIM tire. I would think it would be better, cheaper, if GG settled on a few models. Like two. I think buying in bulk would be easier. Do a base model with some of the people in the USA want/need. Like the 2011 bikes. I personal think they look/have want I want. Sure...I would like to add a few things but they are personal things. Then go right to the cream of the crop high end Nambotin Replica style model. I would skip the middle models. Have a hard parts catalog for the guys that want more.

DI would be awesome! No screwing around with carbs. If it runs like my sled, it'll be awesome. I think this will have to happen to meet the strict Euro emissions rules. You'll have to have separate tanks. One for oil and one for gas. The oil is sprayed into the crank. Fuel into the top. I wonder if they'll have exhaust guillotine... If I was GG, would try to work something out with bombardier.

Here's a motor Boyesen was working on some time ago.

http://www.maxsled.com/absolutenm/templates/articles_layout.aspx?articleid=1059&zoneid=4

"Explore the science behind two-stroke.."
http://www.snowgoer.com/output.cfm?id=2442871

These are exciting times! I spend way too much time thinking about my next gasser. I can't wait until a great dealership is in my area. Please happen...please...
Old 08-28-2010, 07:36 AM

You got it Clay you are the man and yes I'll buy you a beer. Heck after changing the rear tire on my 300 GG I 'll buy you a beer truck. This thing rocks.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I want to send a bike to Clarke to have a new one built. I have plans to talk to Spain about how they want to do this.
Please make sure that Clarke (or other supplier) is given an Estart bike for mockup. It looks like the 07-09 tank will hang down too far to clear the starter. The 12L capacity will be great for long trail rides.