Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
These HK bearings are the exact same bearings that Kawasaki used/uses in the KX250 two stroke.
Works for me. I understand why full comp. would be better but I'll give the HK a shot. It beats buying a whole kit when you're 1/2 broke and can get by with 2 bearings.
Thanks.
So, for future reference, the DL type is full comp. ?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I looked at a Kawasaki parts fische (knowing that the GG frame is based on a kawa frame), and they list their bearings as AL1216 and DL2216. I am not sure what the DL is. Or the AL is for that matter.

All I could find in Full Complement was the NSK bearing catalog. Those were designated with the F number. I can send the NSK Needle bearing catalog to you in a PM if you'd like.

I think if you use a quality German Bearing, Jet Lube, and the O-ring seal set up that I haven't had yet, you'll be fine. I think.

blitz
Old 05-21-2009, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the NSK.
Everything looked great when I took it apart except for the 2 near the drive sprocket. My buddy might've accidentally hit it there with a pressure washer.
The Jet Lube is great. I barely had to tap the axle to get it out and it's been 1 1/2 years and some nasty races since I've had it apart.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 AM

Full comp bearings are available from allballs AND you can buy individual bearings as required direct from thier web site
Old 01-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Digging this thread up from the depths as I just pulled my swingarm/linkage for annual service and discovered that one set of the linkage bearings were seized

I wish I would have stumbled across this thread when doing the service last year, think it might have saved me the downtime/expense - I used a waterproof green marine grease (didn't know better and thought this would be good) and believe this is what led to the failure. The rest of the bearings were ok, so it must not have been that bad; but still a bummer.

I don't have the tools to swap bearings, so I sent the dog bone to [URL="http://billshusky.com/"]Bill's/URL] in Salem for the work, also ordered the All Balls kit as the bearing race was completely shot; figured replacing all of 'em now that my bike has close to 100 hours was worth it.

Ordered a can of the Jet Lube too and plan to use that for all the bearings.

I'm glad GMP posted the sequence for installation; have the thread I started at the end of '13 when I did this for the first time...should have searched then...lol